Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
Twas not me.

I rarely carry spray, other than big cans of bear spray every now and then. I actually gave my daughter Kimber my big bottle of bear spray to keep in her car for travelling. I figure if it works for bears, it will work for A-holes who think the pretty little girl is defenseless. I additionally advised her that it is preferable that she not to shoot them if she can just hose them with bear spray, but its really her choice.

I also told her that my old philosophy used to be "One Can-One Man". Just hose the living shit out of them.

I had to use the crap multiple times early in my career and I hate the stuff, as I am very much affected by it, so I try of avoid it at all costs. In fact I completely quit carrying it many years ago. Leaves me too vulnerable.

That unfortunately did not stop me from getting sprayed not once, but TWICE while working. I was fighting suspects, rolling on the ground, the usual stuff and called for help. Both times, female cops arrived to "help". Both times instead of diving in, they sprayed both me and the suspect/s.

On one I actually got written up because of the things I said to the worthless @$%^ after my face stopped burning, and I was able to breath. Apparently I offended her..

Sidebar,
Recently I have spent a BUNCH of time in Grizzly country in various parts of MT and have not bothered with spray. I have been carrying my Glock 30S with some hot loaded hardball ammo, or my 4" Redhawk and 305 grain Hard cast SWCs.

The number of people who not only don't take any precautions (such as spray, if they don't like guns) but actively bait the bears to shred their asses up, by their (beyond stupid) habits/behavior is incredible. We call them "tourists/transplants"..
I remember the day in the Quonset hut getting my first exposure to gas. You know you thoroughly exposed when the snot streams reach your knees and your skin feels on fire.