Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI - Defensive Spray

Student
    Whoops, wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I've found the pocket clip on the POM to be extremely weak as far as tension goes. Twice today when getting out of the car the spray was inside my pocket instead of clipped to it. I like the form factor, just wish it would stay put.
    Maybe a thin strip of skateboard tape applied to the can under the footprint of the clip would help with retention until the mfr improves the clip?

Keith

RFI - Defensive Spray

My wife just used an entire purse-sized can of Sabre on an aggressive off-leash dog this morning. We’ve had problems with this dog and its clueless and selfish owner for years, so this was not a surprise.

Mrs. CF sprayed the dog in the face at close range, but it came back two more times, and she ended up draining the can. The animal was finally collared by the owner.

This incident mirrors my own experience with OC type sprays and canines. It does not incapacitate dogs, but may be effective in discouraging an attack.

We are hoping that the owner gets a solid dose of OC from her animal.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My wife just used an entire purse-sized can of Sabre on an aggressive off-leash dog this morning. We’ve had problems with this dog and its clueless and selfish owner for years, so this was not a surprise.

Mrs. CF sprayed the dog in the face at close range, but it came back two more times, and she ended up draining the can. The animal was finally collared by the owner.

This incident mirrors my own experience with OC type sprays and canines. It does not incapacitate dogs, but may be effective in discouraging an attack.

We are hoping that the owner gets a solid dose of OC from her animal.
    Good to know. Had an experience with a pit bull a couple years ago and was wondering if OC would do the trick. Now I know.

(and knowing is half the battle)

@John Murphy I think said the same thing, that OC might not be effective against large, aggressive dogs.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    A novel I read recently had a scene in which defensive spray, applied liberally and at close range, actually kills a dog. Some people have strange misconceptions. My own experience has been that dogs don’t like it, but it doesn’t seem to affect them as much as it affects (some/most) humans.

Glad she's okay, CF, and that she had the mindset and wherewithal to do what needed to be done. Kudos.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    A novel I read recently had a scene in which defensive spray, applied liberally and at close range, actually kills a dog. Some people have strange misconceptions. My own experience has been that dogs don’t like it, but it doesn’t seem to affect them as much as it affects (some/most) humans.
    The only time I've had OC work decisively on a dog was when I sprayed it in the butthole. That dog stopped fighting right away and ran in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Glad she's okay, CF, and that she had the mindset and wherewithal to do what needed to be done. Kudos.
    Thanks. I'm proud of her, and she is too. This was an excellent skills and mindset test. I just ordered her some more spray and gave her mine.

The only time I've had OC work decisively on a dog was when I sprayed it in the butthole. That dog stopped fighting right away and ran in circles.
    He fell in to a burning ring of fire...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Mrs. CF sprayed the dog in the face at close range, but it came back two more times, and she ended up draining the can. The animal was finally collared by the owner...
    That’s a rough start to the day, and I’m sorry to hear of it for both of you. Not that you need any nannying from me, but have you considered filing a report on the non-emergency line, just to have a paper trail?

I’m sure I’m not offering up any ideas you haven’t considered, but just in case.

Actually, here’s an idea you might not have considered:

https://nihonzashi.ecwid.com/Custom-...abo-p115010279

User Tag List