Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI - Defensive Spray

RFI - Defensive Spray

Actually AM asking for a friend, who works in a very NPE where her gun would get her fired from a really good job.

There is so much crap out there and I don't know squat. Is there a specific brand that is a go-to? Hoping for a product line that would have various size options.

Site Supporter
    Not sure how to throw up the Bat Signal for Paul Sharp...but that guy would know.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Not sure how to throw up the Bat Signal for Paul Sharp...but that guy would know.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Or Chuck Haggard.

There is a lot of buzz around POM right now but I have zero experience in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    Or Chuck Haggard.
    There is a lot of buzz around POM right now but I have zero experience in the matter.
    Thanks for the referrals. Hey there @Paul Sharp @Chuck Haggard

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Thanks for the referrals. Hey there @Paul Sharp @Chuck Haggard
    Thank you, I'm not forum literate enough to tag people.

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    Thank you, I'm not forum literate enough to tag people.
    I just recently learned

Not super useful to your friend, but Chuck teaches an excellent class on the topic, that I think has been featured multiple times at the Rangemaster conference.

Here's a good thread.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....pper-Spray-GTG

I think most folks will recommend Sabre Red, although the cool kids like @John Murphy seem to be switching to POM.

Site Supporter
    I have been buying Sabre Red lately.

Depending on the level of training of the user, I also like the ASP Key Defender. Although a smaller and larger size are available and worth considering, I like the original. It has less capacity and shorter range than the Sabre offerings, but doubles as a Kubotan/Yawara/pocket stick type weapon. Sabre offers a similar product.
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 07-02-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Student
    From what I remember when they came through Arizona, both Chuck Haggard and John Murphy had good things to say about Sabre Red. Mr. Haggard was also looking into testing Defense Technology's products since they had Mk-6 cans of similar make to Sabre's. Mr. Murphy recently mentioned he'd gone with POM spray on the latest Civilian Carry Radio episode. I'd seen John Correia testing POM on some guys on the ASP channel recently.

Currently I carry Sabre Red since that's what I'd been given at CC-ASAT, but I will likely switch to DefTech in a year or so from now since that is the brand I am more familiar with as I was exposed to and carried in the military. I understand they got bought out by Safariland at some point.

In Chuck's OC class a student volunteered and was exposed to Mace pepper gel, and the results were okay but slightly mixed.

User Tag List