Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: RFI - Defensive Spray

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I guess my spray was my primary. If it had drizzled I would have used my back up of a 642. I had no intentions of getting bit.
    The few units I’ve seen fail were pretty expired.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyvarmint View Post
    I've taken Chuck's class 2x and MDFI's class 1x. Also been sprayed 2x in the military.

Based on Chuck's recommendation I have always consistently carried the MK6 Sabre Red even if the form factor isn't the greatest. The molded clip is strong, but it easily slides off a belt. So, it gets clipped in my right front pocket. It isn't infallible, though. Within about 4 runs (I'm a runner) one lost its button never to be recovered.

Attachment 61319
    I can't find the Mk6 form factor sprays on Sabre's website to save my life. Have they discontinued it? I sent an email to Sabre asking, but have not gotten a response.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I can't find the Mk6 form factor sprays on Sabre's website to save my life. Have they discontinued it? I sent an email to Sabre asking, but have not gotten a response.
    I think it is in the LE section where I cannot also get to immediately. I've found Sabre to not have the greatest customer service. At any rate, get it here. Just got one from them.

https://www.copsplus.com/sabre-sabre...delivery-spray

happy OCing, Jerry
    "Draw fast, shoot well," Mike W.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I guess my spray was my primary. If it had drizzled I would have used my back up of a 642. I had no intentions of getting bit.
    One of the times I used OC on dogs, the nozzle was clogged with pocket lint. Some spray came out, but not in a good stream. The situation involved two GSD's trying to kill my dog, and a substance-impaired owner. This was before CCW was legal on school grounds, where the dog park was, so I had no backup. Not good... My dog managed to get his jaws on the male GSD's throat and he hung on and got dragged around underneath. After a few failed attempts to spray the female in the face while she was barking at me, she turned to attack my dog and I grabbed her tail and sprayed her in the butthole at close range. That worked quite well.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Looks like it's a "Deal of the Day" on Cops Plus. https://www.copsplus.com/sabre-sabre...delivery-spray

No experience with the product or website.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

This thread delivers the hot sauce. Ive seen the kimber unit in a pocket dump photo here on PF. @Lost River I think.
    Its limited to two shots I believe but also looks perfect for pocket carry. Any input on these?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    This thread delivers the hot sauce. Ive seen the kimber unit in a pocket dump photo here on PF. @Lost River I think.
    Its limited to two shots I believe but also looks perfect for pocket carry. Any input on these?
    https://www.abc4.com/news/local-news...ge-3-officers/ The Pepperblaster/JPX line of products is a *bad* idea. The above incident is not an isolated one. I carried a Pepperblaster before I was old enough to obtain my CCW and stopped. If you want a capable unit with some range for pocket carry the Sabre MK-6 will still probably be your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by kobuksonhwacha View Post
    https://www.abc4.com/news/local-news...ge-3-officers/ The Pepperblaster/JPX line of products is a *bad* idea. The above incident is not an isolated one. I carried a Pepperblaster before I was old enough to obtain my CCW and stopped. If you want a capable unit with some range for pocket carry the Sabre MK-6 will still probably be your best bet.
    Thanks K appreciate it.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    I evaluated the Phazzer Enforcer for my previous agency and later for an article in "New York Tactical". The Phazzer was designed as competition to the more established Axon Taser. The Enforce. in addition to its electronic probes, can also discharge Pepperball, impact rounds for suspects or glass, paint, and a pepper blast. Apart from my concerns about reloading into a bay likely covered with OC, I expressed concerns about the eye safe distance of the OC blast. I received some vague assurances that it was nothing to worry about. Even if we had adopted the Phazzer product, I wouldn't have approved the pepper blaster.

As much as I'd like to competition with Axon, I'd stick with established products unless you have in-house capability for valid testing. That means Taser and OC products and designs like Sabre Red.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Twas not me.

I rarely carry spray, other than big cans of bear spray every now and then. I actually gave my daughter Kimber my big bottle of bear spray to keep in her car for travelling. I figure if it works for bears, it will work for A-holes who think the pretty little girl is defenseless. I additionally advised her that it is preferable that she not to shoot them if she can just hose them with bear spray, but its really her choice.

I also told her that my old philosophy used to be "One Can-One Man". Just hose the living shit out of them.

I had to use the crap multiple times early in my career and I hate the stuff, as I am very much affected by it, so I try of avoid it at all costs. In fact I completely quit carrying it many years ago. Leaves me too vulnerable.

That unfortunately did not stop me from getting sprayed not once, but TWICE while working. I was fighting suspects, rolling on the ground, the usual stuff and called for help. Both times, female cops arrived to "help". Both times instead of diving in, they sprayed both me and the suspect/s.

On one I actually got written up because of the things I said to the worthless @$%^ after my face stopped burning, and I was able to breath. Apparently I offended her..

Sidebar,
    Recently I have spent a BUNCH of time in Grizzly country in various parts of MT and have not bothered with spray. I have been carrying my Glock 30S with some hot loaded hardball ammo, or my 4" Redhawk and 305 grain Hard cast SWCs.

The number of people who not only don't take any precautions (such as spray, if they don't like guns) but actively bait the bears to shred their asses up, by their (beyond stupid) habits/behavior is incredible. We call them "tourists/transplants"..

User Tag List