Page 99 of 136 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    If you pay to rent a list from the same person who also happens to be the Pres or VP of the nonprofit every year in perpetuity, you don't think that starts to look a lot more like compensation than a simple list rental?
    You are absolutely right. That is some shady stuff. However, the NRA is the oldest, most recognized and formerly most venerated 2A organization. The burden and scrutiny is heavier and more intense for the NRA. If the 2A advocacy community was the G7, the NRA is the USA and SAF is probably like France. Nobody gives a shit about France.
    Last edited by Paul D; 02-08-2022 at 07:09 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Smearing competitors is not a good look. Get your shit together, please. Heavy on the please.
    Focus, please.
    How is providing information a smear?

This is a smear: https://secure.winred.com/second-ame...2YLmM7Q4hhJJOM

Again,
    Focus, please.
    As a wise man once softly suggested, "unfuck yourself."
    Last edited by randyho; 02-08-2022 at 07:07 PM.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I dropped my membership. Apparently, the NRA realizes that departing members aren’t coming back, because they only sent me one or two mailings after it lapsed.
    Really? I just got my 2022 card (the last year I'm signed up for) and I've gotten several renewal letters and bonus offers. Could be because I'm still a member.

Site Supporter
    Josh

The thrust of your response is “others do it too.”

Are you remotely serious?

Thinking that is was a proper retort when we are talking about WLP et al are literally running the organization into the financial ground is precisely the lack of “self awareness” that if continued, will be the eventual demise of the organization.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    You all are asking someone who is both an employee of and lawyer for the organization to put himself in an impossible, and impermissible, position just to tell you, yeah, WLP sucks man. That strikes me as unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    You all are asking someone who is both an employee of and lawyer for the organization to put himself in an impossible, and impermissible, position just to tell you, yeah, WLP sucks man. That strikes me as unreasonable.
    It's not personal. Otherwise, I don't care. The NRA's a disgrace who couldn't find my state on a map of MD. I'm not funding that mess.

Site Supporter
    It's not personal. Otherwise, I don't care. The NRA's a disgrace who couldn't find my state on a map of MD. I'm not funding that mess.
    It sounds pretty personal when you tell him to unfuck himself. If you mean that to address the NRA, well, no arguments there.

Site Supporter
    I liked this post because I think you're exactly right. I'm currently a member of one organization which has some serious issues going on of which I'm aware, but the general public isn't. I'm not an angry person by nature, but I hate / abhor / loathe the issues and the man who is causing them. I don't think I've ever hated anybody before.

However, I'm powerless to change those issues, powerless to confront them even, and I choose to remain because I'm able to still do good through this time. And I'm playing a waiting game, betting that the man and the issues will be found out and dealt with before I lose patience and leave. The key is that I'm far enough removed from the problems that I won't go down with the ship, nor will my reputation.

On the other hand, when I have been approached about the problem, I have not offered a defense of it in any form. My loyalty doesn't include defending the indefensible. I think that's key. Don't go down with the ship, and don't choose a worthless hill on which to stake your reputation.

If you mean that to address the NRA, well, no arguments there.
    And I do. It's the org he represents, which is a disaster, which I state on page 25 of this thread.

User Tag List