Page 96 of 136 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I suppose it's worth asking, since I'm wondering about it.....

If ILA gets assigned a budget from NRA (Board) of (hypothetically) $1M for the fiscal year and direct donations to ILA exceed $1M.... is the allocated budget reduced accordingly?

It might feel better giving directly to ILA, but only with some assurance that monies otherwise budgeted from HQ don't get offset by direct donations to ILA.

Sorry for the confusing language... Not sure how to ask this more succinctly.
    I'll send you a PM.

When my latest five year NRA membership expired a couple years ago and I declined to renew, I kept getting magazines for the next year and a half. That was interesting. They seem to have finally given up.

When WLP is gone and I see evidence of new and honest leadership, I'll consider coming back. Until then other organizations get my money.

Side note: I agree with legal challenges to anti-2A legislation and I think it's really important. I don't agree with fear mongering, which only makes it harder for me to keep non-political types involved in the shooting sports. Having held non-partisan local elected office, I can also say from personal experience that it makes it a lot harder to get to consensus and meaningful reform when everyone is forced to choose sides in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I'll send you a PM.
    If you're able to share at all, why not just answer the question here? If you can share the info at all, then it can be shared here, for all to see, as many of us, myself included, would like to see the answer.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    If you're able to share at all, why not just answer the question here? If you can share the info at all, then it can be shared here, for all to see, as many of us, myself included, would like to see the answer.
    Things posted here are subject to search engine crawling. Things PM'd are not. (As are things posted in the secret cool members only club lounge)
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Things posted here are subject to search engine crawling. Things PM'd are not. (As are things posted in the secret cool members only club lounge)
    Be a cool (paying) member for the price of a box of 9mm: $25. Good for a year, you frelling tightwads.

Apparently this was why the NRA headquarters range was closed this weekend...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

The Russian hackers threatened to send mailings out to members urging them NOT to send any more money to the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    The Russian hackers threatened to send mailings out to members urging them NOT to send any more money to the NRA.
    Not one more kopek.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Another tell all book: https://www.npr.org/2021/11/01/10504...ion-in-the-nra

Misfire: Inside the Downfall of the NRA, Tim Mak
    Dutton

[QUOTE]'Misfire' is a scathing look at nepotism, fraud and corruption in the NRA[

The National Rifle Association — once one of the most well-known and influential lobbying organizations in the country — is a wounded beast.

Tim Mak's Misfire: Inside the Downfall of the NRA might be the final blow in terms of exposing the organization's rotten core and showing how a boundless love for money and power — as well as nepotism, fraud, and corruption — have been eating away at the NRA's foundations for a long time.

/QUOTE]

User Tag List