Page 92 of 136 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Unfortunately it's time for me to renew, and if I don't then I have to give up membership of my local gun range. They don't allow for donations to other pro-second Amendment groups.

I'm ashamed to be a life member.

I don't trust any organizations anymore...and that's the shame of it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    The primary concern I have at this point is - I’d hate for an exodus of Directors that could effect meaningful change but I fear we’re already there.
    God Bless,

Brandon

I might re-up if Wayne ever leaves, but we know he won't leave without burning it all down around him.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I might re-up if Wayne ever leaves, but we know he won't leave without burning it all down around him.
    Definitely. I donated to NRA-ILA directly earlier this year. I’m supportive of the nature of what it’s supposed to be but it is insane that this is happening to the NRA.

I am also concerned it’s going to burn down. The responses are getting increasingly unethical.

ETA: What is also stunning is he’s digging in. Like… how does he see this going? I think we’re past the point he can resign and confess what he did was unethical and not be punished. But he’s still not fled to a third world country with no-extradition. This will come to a head with the NY AG thrilled to shut this down, but that could be years away.

I guess the analogy I’d use is every day he stays he’s increasingly in danger. They clearly have the presence of mind to shift the pieces and meetings to non-announced times but… you can’t do that to the AG of NY and court hearings.
    Last edited by BWT; 10-04-2021 at 09:21 AM.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm ashamed to be a life member.
    One would think that with so many members saying they are ashamed to be a part of this group, that the leadership would recognize that something needs to be done differently.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    One would think that with so many members saying they are ashamed to be a part of this group, that the leadership would recognize that something needs to be done differently.
    Might say the same about our political parties and / or virtually any large organization which has become both unwieldy and topheavy with corruption.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    You'd think, but we are dealing with something on the lines of sociopathy or outright criminality at this juncture. How to they continue the grift if they step down or apologize? The grift is the point, it seems.
    I'm hoping that somebody with juice at NRA-ILA has the organizational ability (and contingency plans) to continue the good work if the whole edifice collapses.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    NY is going to force the NRA into bankruptcy. The receivership will have the opportunity to appoint new leadership.
    Until then, SAF and State and Local groups will be getting my $$.

If I didn't think that donating directly to ILA would reduce the funds given from NRA to ILA, I certainly see ILA continuing to do good work. It's just too close a relationship unless I get corrected on my understanding.

Tragic.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    NY is going to force the NRA into bankruptcy.
    And the NRA is helping them do it!

You'd think that with the massive amount of new gun owners, this would be a great time for the organization.

But instead we are watching an implosion.

User Tag List