Page 87 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Marion and a few other board members receive compensation for doing things other than being a board member. So, if an article says she's getting paid to be a board member, that's incorrect. In Marion's case, it's for lobbying and other political work. Any compensation that board members receive is disclosed in our 990.
    That is called “conflict of interest” in relation to a non-profit……..

Para 393, the complaint talks about Board Member #5, Marion Hammer. “The NRA denies knowledge or information sufficient to form a belief as to the truth of the allegations set forth in Paragraph 393 of the Complaint, except admits, upon information and belief, that Board Member No. 5 is a past NRA President, has been paid at various times for consulting services, and executed a 10-year contract for $220,000 annually.” The bylaws say board members aren’t supposed to be paid or receive personal benefits beyond expense reimbursements.

That is a small excerpt from the blog, link below…..

https://nraindanger.wordpress.com/20...rals-complaint

So @joshs, is it against the bylaws for Marion Hammer to have the contract as stated?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I'm now officially a lapsed NRA member or ex-member. They wanted $40 to renew, which I did indeed send to the SAF.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I'm now officially a lapsed NRA member or ex-member. They wanted $40 to renew, which I did indeed send to the SAF.
    Not another penny until Wayne is gone and the place cleans up it's act.

My club requires NRA membership. Photoshop!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Not another penny until Wayne is gone and the place cleans up it's act.

My club requires NRA membership. Photoshop!
    Might it be worth asking them to consider SAF membership?
    They're likely covered by some NRA derived insurance, so, I could see the why.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Someone, not a gun person, recently asked me to explain the big problems at the NRA, perceived from fragments of news items she had read.

The simplest way I could explain it to her. The existing CEO is a corrupt completely self centered egomaniacal sociopath, who refuses to resign for the good of the organization, even though it is required for the organization to begin to recover. He has further manipulated the nomination process for a too large to act board of directors to insure his sycophants there can protect him.

The membership at large, being rather helpless in this matter, has started to throw up their hands and just leave, and stopped donating. Leading to the further downward spiral of the organization financially.

Her response was gee, you think somebody in that community might just find some way to take him out...all I could do is frown and shake my head in the negative. "Its not our way."

Site Supporter
    Ted Nugent Resigns From NRA Board Over ‘Scheduling Conflicts’

Nugent, who once recorded a song titled “I Am the NRA,” is stepping down “due to ongoing schedule conflicts,” according to a July 29 memo from General Counsel John Frazer reviewed by Bloomberg News.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Ted Nugent Resigns From NRA Board Over ‘Scheduling Conflicts’

Nugent, who once recorded a song titled “I Am the NRA,” is stepping down “due to ongoing schedule conflicts,” according to a July 29 memo from General Counsel John Frazer reviewed by Bloomberg News.
    I can't help but see this as an improvement. A small one, and far too small to make a difference, but an improvement nonetheless.

The problem now is being affiliated with the NRA isn't a good look if you happen to be a politician or entertainer. The org has had enough bad publicity in the last few years that they just can't get any mileage out of it anymore. I'm still a dues paying member but only because my range requires it. I noticed that they dropped the requirement of proof for this last enrollment. That tells me that they may be losing members because of that requirement. Sort of a don't ask, don't tell arrangement. Nobody has ever accused anyone on our executive board of being stupid.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

You'd be amazed at how many rank and file NRA members are completely oblivious to any issues with the NRA.

User Tag List