Page 71 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

I don't "Tweet" and such but I did see on another gun forum that it was fake news. Supposedly Trump Jr. "tweeted" that.

Regards.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    At least Trump the younger is reputed to be an enthusiast. If we can’t have Tiffany, and Mas is already busy at the helm of a more streamlined org, I’ll take whatever is behind the door marked “not WLP,” and hope for the best.
    I'd like to see someone at the helm of the NRA who is taking the job with the best interests of the shooting community at heart. Trump the Younger would, on the other hand, be looking for a springboard into politics.

Thanks to WLP, it may be hard to do, but the NRA should focus on what a candidate stands for rather than which party that candidate is in. If Donnie-Jr gets in, it's going to be worse. If the NRA is seen as a wholly-owned subsidiary of GOP, Inc., then there's no incentive for anyone on the other side of the aisle to work with them. Politicizing a civil right to the point that it's only identified with one party seems to me to be a good way to lose it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I'd like to see someone at the helm of the NRA who is taking the job with the best interests of the shooting community at heart. Trump the Younger would, on the other hand, be looking for a springboard into politics.

Thanks to WLP, it may be hard to do, but the NRA should focus on what a candidate stands for rather than which party that candidate is in. If Donnie-Jr gets in, it's going to be worse. If the NRA is seen as a wholly-owned subsidiary of GOP, Inc., then there's no incentive for anyone on the other side of the aisle to work with them. Politicizing a civil right to the point that it's only identified with one party seems to me to be a good way to lose it.
    No argument from me. This is a theoretical step up from the “anyone but WLP” standard.

The question then becomes “who?”

No argument from me. This is a theoretical step up from the “anyone but WLP” standard.

The question then becomes “who?”
    Some low profile person with integrity and business strategy creds that can lead the NRA to success without “they” becoming the issue.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Student
    Josh 4 prez please.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    What's so bad about Jr? He hunts, he shoots, he reloads. Try and look past the name.
    It's not his name. We can agree to disagree.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Some low profile person with integrity and business strategy creds that can lead the NRA to success without “they” becoming the issue.
    That’s the fine boning on the holster, so to speak, and I concur. That said, I am not holding my breath waiting for specific name suggestions as to fit, especially pulled from across the aisle, from you, me, Stephanie, or anyone else here.

Even more dour, the NRA seems to be doing a good job of drumming the folks with good track records on integrity out of the club of late.

I dunno... I’m of the opinion that if the membership can’t be successful in unfucking the board situation, then the NRA may be done.

Site Supporter
    You might be right. I don't see a structural path in the current organization to heal itself. A candidate might be a good CFO from a major gun or tech firm that understands the business, the RKBA issues but is not a pure political partisan as core focus. The new message should be inclusive, focus on firearms issues and not tied to a particular person.

The trade publications are all full of the expanding set of folks buying firearms, that's the message.

That’s the fine boning on the holster, so to speak, and I concur. That said, I am not holding my breath waiting for specific name suggestions as to fit, especially pulled from across the aisle, from you, me, Stephanie, or anyone else here.

Even more dour, the NRA seems to be doing a good job of drumming the folks with good track records on integrity out of the club of late.

I dunno... I’m of the opinion that if the membership can’t be successful in unfucking the board situation, then the NRA may be done.
    Agreed. Don Jr would certainly not be my first choice, but he's worlds better than WLP. Loppy is not even remotely a gun person, at all. Look at the way he holds guns for photo ops. It looks like you just handed him a bag full of HIV dicks wrapped in COVID blankets.

Whether it's DT Jr or not, it definitely should be someone who appeals to younger people and is actually engaged in activities that involve guns, and I don't mean the way the NRA tried to use Colion Noir to reach younger people. Adam Kraut comes to mind, but he is probably too pro 2A for the NRA. That doesn't mean that they have be under 35, they just need to be someone who people who aren't drawing Social Security checks can relate to.

Who it shouldn't be is some duck hunting shotgun boomer or old guy with a Tony Soprano schtick posing by sports cars in silk shirts and smoking cigars. That may resonate with old dudes but it's cringe af to most everyone else.

Site Supporter
    Who it shouldn't be is some duck hunting shotgun boomer or old guy with a Tony Soprano schtick posing by sports cars in silk shirts and smoking cigars. That may resonate with old dudes but it's cringe af to most everyone else.
    I can assure you as an older dude, that that will not resonate. Anyway, I like ducks. There's a family swimming around in our pond. On the other hand, tea smoked duck - yum, yum!

We've had enough of ranters lately. A candidate has to have his or her personality disorder or venial worship of Mammon under control. Some folks like to here a ranter give it to the 'enemy' but that doesn't work most of the time.

User Tag List