Page 67 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Well, the official position of the Association was opposed to the bump stock ban: https://www.regulations.gov/document...018-0002-87401

Unlike him, I actually know what our policy was and why, since, you know, I wrote it.
    I am so happy that you're still on the forum, man

Site Supporter
    Ditto on that , Josh.

Site Supporter
    I couldn't find another NRA thread to put this.... Sorry...

@joshs

Bravo!

L.A. Ordered to Pay NRA Six Figures After Losing First Amendment Case

Federal district court judge Stephen Wilson struck down a city ordinance aimed at punishing prospective contractors with ties to the NRA as an infringement on the right to free speech and association. On Tuesday, he ordered city officials to pay for the Second Amendment group's attorney fees, which totaled nearly $150,000
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    IRS Investigating NRA’s Wayne LaPierre for Possible Tax Fraud

The Internal Revenue Service is investigating longtime National Rifle Association CEO Wayne LaPierre for possible criminal tax fraud related to his personal taxes, according to people familiar with the matter.

Mr. LaPierre was paid $2.2 million by the NRA in 2018, the most recent year available, the nonprofit group’s public filings show. His total reported pay from 2014 to 2018 was $11.2 million.

In August, he was charged in a civil suit by New York Attorney General Letitia James with taking millions of dollars of allegedly undisclosed compensation from the NRA and its vendors, in the form of free yacht trips, private jet flights for his family, exotic safaris and other benefits.

I'm sure it's not politically motivated.

That said...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I had preregistered to attend the 2020 meeting in Nashville as well as the National Firearms Law Seminar. The above post is the first time I learned that the meeting (minus all of the reasons I would have attended) had been rescheduled.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I had preregistered to attend the 2020 meeting in Nashville as well as the National Firearms Law Seminar. The above post is the first time I learned that the meeting (minus all of the reasons I would have attended) had been rescheduled.
    IIRC, the convention was a COVID casualty early on, in April. The members meeting, required by bylaws, I believe, is usually held during the show. They are not the same event, although they usually overlap.

First reschedule was on their social media, announced in June.
    I don't know about subsequent reschedules.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1270098432628346881

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Cotton is a good apologist. What the answer to this question should have been:

Cotton: 'How do you stay with it Wayne?'

LaPierre: 'Millions and millions of dollars, Charles, millions and millions of dollars.' (satire)

What's the general attitude now? Are we still anti-NRA (or anti-WLP) in the aftermath of the elections?

Depending on what Trump and his legal team can pull off with their "Hail Mary" I think we'll need the NRA more than ever.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

User Tag List