Page 46 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Honesty she’s the worst of them all. She’s also the one that wrote a snarky op-ed about Julie and Duane trying to hijack the board, so she can fuck off and die in a fire.
    I detested her schtick when I was living in Florida the first time. Now, after all the bullshit she’s thrown out in the last two years, I don’t think I have any words I can put forth in a public forum as to what I think of her.

At the NRAAM in 2018 I was working our booth and talked to a recruiter from the South FL NRA group who didn’t understand what all the “Enemy Within” name tags people were walking around with. That was a . . . fun exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Got this email from save the second today. I figure they want the word out, so I'll just post it, and ask forgiveness from the PF powers that be if I've overstepped:

First, and foremost, a big "thank you" to all of the concerned NRA members that traveled to Virginia for the BoD's meeting last weekend. We appreciate your vigilance and support of STS and reform within the NRA.

Unfortunately, a full report and/or vote on the proposed bylaw change we submitted with the support of NRA Voting Members from across the country was deferred until an unspecified future time so that the committee could “research the merits of having directors attend the board meeting." Yes, you read that right. The bylaw would create a rule that Board Members must attend at least two of the three meetings each year. We thought the merits of Board Members attending the meetings would have been self-evident.

Still, attending was a worthwhile endeavor. STS was successful in meeting and discussing members concerns with current Board members. Most importantly, STS made a presence and have shown NRA leadership that we are serious about our mission and The Second Amendment.

VP Ron Carter has an excellent in-depth look about last weekend's happenings here: http://www.savethe2a.org/the-nra-sep...ting-nutshell/

When is the next meeting?

We encourage NRA Members to join us at the Winter Board Meeting at the Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center, VA on January 8-11th, 2020. We would love to see you there!

Stay tuned for announcements regarding this.

Looks like the Nuge (seen here listening to Pincus) is getting the picture, so there's that:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Republicans expect to lose vital NRA muscle in 2020 as turmoil grips the gun lobby

Nobody understands what the NRA is doing right now. Nobody feels safe with what they might be doing in House and Senate races,” said a veteran Republican operative who requested anonymity in order to speak candidly. Added another well-placed GOP strategist involved in congressional races: “I’m not counting on them, let’s just put it that way.
    And so it goes. A least we got Beto driving the "We are going to take your guns train".

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Whirlwind06; 09-17-2019 at 01:31 PM.

"Take my AR, please!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Maybe its just me, but I have yet to see a pic of WLP that makes me say "nice suite!"
    If you run into Michael Hammond, he’s developed some good material about how he doesn’t have expensive suits. It’s not a 20 minute stand up routine yet, but he’s refining it.

Overall, I’m starting to conclude that the NRA board is both party to most of the awful things we suspect and also the target of a sophisticated influence operation across lots of media channels to trash them in advance of the 2020 election cycle. Somehow a siege mentality has been fostered where NRA executive leadership is being led to think they have no choice but to double down on their folly, and this is starting to resemble a Greek tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    If you run into Michael Hammond, he’s developed some good material about how he doesn’t have expensive suits. It’s not a 20 minute stand up routine yet, but he’s refining it.

Overall, I’m starting to conclude that the NRA board is both party to most of the awful things we suspect and also the target of a sophisticated influence operation across lots of media channels to trash them in advance of the 2020 election cycle. Somehow a siege mentality has been fostered where NRA executive leadership is being led to think they have no choice but to double down on their folly, and this is starting to resemble a Greek tragedy.
    Oedipus at Colonus anyone?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Relevant or no, I finally found the note I was looking for;

"[t]he bitterness of a dispute is apt to be inversely proportionate to the area of conflict. Family rows are proverbial for their violence. A similar acerbity pervades quarrels in clubs, trade unions, professional associations, secret societies, churches, and educational institutions. Even a decisive defeat within the organization does not always discourage the losers. Their blood is up, and they are almost sure to carry the fight into the courts, hoping for better fortune on a fresh field of battle." Z. Chafee, Jr., "The Internal Affairs of Associations Not For Profit," 43 Harv. L. Rev. 993, 993 (1930).

To echo what Sidheshooter wrote about, I was reading this the other day:

http://www.savethe2a.org/1-in-5-mill...oard-meetings/

I am unhappy that the NRA meetings are closed to members at large. This is a member funded organization. The fact that these meetings are closed to membership transparency is wrong, in my opinion. I get it — future strategy in the struggle to defend the RKBA needs to be private, to protect that strategy from those who oppose the RKBA. But the bulk of the meetings do not need to be closed. The security personnel used to exclude members at large is an offensive tactic. Just as we are allowed to sit in the gallery and observe our state and national legislature, so should we be able to observe our NRA board meetings.

I will not give another dime to the NRA until the house is fumigated. WLP needs to go. Hammer needs to go. The secrecy and opacity needs to end. I feel the Board does not represent the interests of the membership any more.

Not one more dime until that changes. My donations now go to SAF and VCDL.
    Last edited by Trigger; 09-18-2019 at 08:43 AM.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

And more anti-NRA news:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-investigation

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    And more anti-NRA news:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-investigation

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

“..foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov, and the deputy prime minister, Dmitry Rogozin, who oversaw defense and munitions industries
    .“

I’d love to hear the NRA management teams explain how Russian cabinet officers could help the 2nd Amendment.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List