Page 44 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership.
    FYI.... JPFO merged with SAF a few years ago...

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd04/jpfo-joins-saf.htm
    https://www.saf.org/saf-announces-me...rms-ownership/

Irks the heck out of me when organizations fail to date their announcements..... In this case, both of them, unless I missed it.
    This one is dated: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...273979101.html
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I joined Firearms Policy Coalition last month at the recommendation of another member here on P-F, and I’m glad that I did.

I’ve brought my NRA membership down to the Associate level, and am attempting to join other, additional organizations. I think that NRA will always be useful for a number of firearm related matters, but I’m trying to do more and better on the gun rights. I joined my state organization (VCDL) and FPC, and I think I’ll probably also join Second Amendment Foundation.

I want to join organizations that help me get my voice, my vote, and my thoughts on 2A notices by elected officials, and I’m always interested to see which organizations are doing good work.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I’ve really had it with WLP and corrupt cat lady.

A past president of the National Rifle Association has taken out loans totaling more than $250,000, at an interest rate as low as 2 percent, from the NRA’s Florida affiliate, a nonprofit that she has led for decades and that employs only her, according to the organization’s tax filings.

Marion Hammer, executive director of the Unified Sportsmen of Florida, which receives most of its budget from the NRA, took out the loans to refinance or purchase homes, according to the tax filings. Since 1995, when Hammer began borrowing money, she has bought or helped buy several properties in Tallahassee — including one where a daughter resides and another where a granddaughter resides, property and other records show.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...f68_story.html
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    A past president of the National Rifle Association has taken out loans totaling more than $250,000, at an interest rate as low as 2 percent, from the NRA’s Florida affiliate, a nonprofit that she has led for decades and that employs only her, according to the organization’s tax filings.

Marion Hammer, executive director of the Unified Sportsmen of Florida, which receives most of its budget from the NRA, took out the loans to refinance or purchase homes, according to the tax filings. Since 1995, when Hammer began borrowing money, she has bought or helped buy several properties in Tallahassee — including one where a daughter resides and another where a granddaughter resides, property and other records show.
    While I think we need the NRA now more than ever, that is some Jimmy Hoffa stuff right there.

And remember what it took to took for the teamsters to get rid of him . . .

Oh, FFS...

That is just such assholic behavior.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

It's like they look for ways to alienate the remaining membership...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote from the ammoland article:

"We are left to wonder, once again, who is making these decisions at the NRA HQ? Is it really Wayne LaPierre acting independently? Is the Executive Committee of The Board of Directors? Is it William Brewer becoming the new Tail Wagging the Dog after the break-up with Ackerman-McQueen?

We know it isn’t the Board of Directors as a whole. We know it isn’t the Voting Members of the NRA."

================================

If whomever it is who is calling the shots at the NRA is hoping that its earlier history and previous political clout will somehow prevail to save the organization's bacon in the current social-political atmosphere, he's stupid.
    To judge from just the posts here at p-f, many of the NRA's most stalwart supporters have lost almost all confidence in the manner in which it's being run.

I'll keep paying annual dues, but I'm no longer seriously hopeful that the NRA will be able to save face, recover and achieve the potency it once had for sustaining our 2A rights.
    Last edited by SAWBONES; 09-07-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post

While Callender regularly used the Gearbox credit card for anticipated business expenses such as airfare and meals related to business travel, he also abused the privilege of credit card access by charging unapproved, wholly personal expenses, including family vacations, gun club memberships and firearms accessories, and trying to get six-pack abs,” Gearbox attorneys alleged in their lawsuit.

Sounds like he’s an excellent fit for the NRAs current management culture.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Honesty she’s the worst of them all. She’s also the one that wrote a snarky op-ed about Julie and Duane trying to hijack the board, so she can fuck off and die in a fire.

User Tag List