Page 32 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Another one who openly let wlp better his lifestyle and who is bailing before the final shitstorm.....
    She had a C grade from the donor who is now suing the NRA. She might not have been the best at stopping WLP but she was not one of his active enablers. She is also one of the few who responded appropriately to Tiffany Johnson’s letter.

My read on her situation is that she got on the board due to her shooting fame but not necessarily because she understood what is required of a board member, and ended up in over her head. I will not fault her for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I look for Trump and WLP to get into a pissing match any day now. Guess who wins that one.
    The 2020 Democratic candidate for president.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Another one who openly let wlp better his lifestyle and who is bailing before the final shitstorm.....
    I forget who but someone did an article about how the board enriched themselves from NRA contracts, Julie was one of them.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    That's an awful bold claim to make with nothing to back it up.

There are good people involved with the NRA in various positions and bad people involved with it. Nothing is accomplished by smearing the people who actually gave a damn and tried.

I dare say the vast majority of people offering commentary on this have absolutely no clue who did what or who tried to do what to right the ship.
    I think that's part of the problem.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I forget who but someone did an article about how the board enriched themselves from NRA contracts, Julie was one of them.

She a was also open and honest about having a conflict and promised to refrain from voting on matters where she had a conflict. There is nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I mean, why should the NRA board be held to higher standards than congress-critters?

(Good luck finding anyone worthy of our trust.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Because there isn't a Congressional Wine Club and my Congressperson doesn't send me a tote bag made in China.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I mean, why should the NRA board be held to higher standards than congress-critters?

(Good luck finding anyone worthy of our trust.)
    Congress will always be there not doing what they're supposed to do. They're a gov't institution. When has there ever been any standards to hold office?

The members of the NRA will decide what the standards should be, not the unwashed masses who vote.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

+10.........Only there for the notoriety and potential to make money from it. Like other bod members who are bailing, the issue is not that they disagree with the direction of the nra, but are worried about current and upcoming lawsuits naming them....

I believe that was the article that listed all the board members who had had any business relationship with the NRA, to include things like Bart Skelton's 3 year deal to write articles for NRA magazines. Tamara (rightly, in my opinion) called B.S. on it. The association is expected to have business dealings with people like Julie- I imagine they paid her for being in that "Julie Golob encourages you to join NRA" advertisement. It's not the same as Hammer pulling down a crazy salary for lobbying she didn't report because she didn't do it, or the outrageous fees charged by Brewer's organization.

Unfortunately, this is an example of how propaganda tarring everyone with the same brush is really effective. None of the people who are damaging the organization by refusing to address the conduct that makes them look like huge crooks are in any hurry to leave, and, predictably, the damage continues.

I look forward to seeing how savethe2a.org does with its 5 goals.
    Last edited by TDA; 08-13-2019 at 12:14 PM.

User Tag List