Page 3 of 136 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    It has to start with what is going out in my mail today. I just got an invitation to join and enter in one of their famous sweepstakes. I checked the "I'm not joining at this time, but enter me anyway" box. I then took a sharpie to it and wrote "Not one dime until Wayne is gone". Will anyone see the message? Of course not, but if they get enough of them word might filter back from their servicing company to the NRA.

NRA needs a major overhaul, top to bottom and inside out.

1) 2 year term limits on execs.
    2) 2-4 year term limits on board members.
    3) Cut the board to 10-15 members max. It's ridiculous. It's nothing more than a politburo.
    4) Published independent financial audits made available to all members.

That's a start.

Question is, will it survive long enough to make that happen?
    That's a little unfair; the Politburo was probably more effective than the NRA's board.

Quarterly and annual financial reports should be published in all of the NRA's official publications.

The NRA's tax returns for 2017 and earlier are available here.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I've sent money to GOA, 2AF, etc. in the past. The truth is we need an organization with the SIZE of the NRA to be effective in DC. The question is how does that happen? A full on reorganization of the NRA, move to another existing org., or form something new?

How much time is there for any of these things to happen before the other side pounces?

I got the same letter asking me to upgrade before my membership is up and I did the exact same thing the rest of you did - “not a dime until Wayne is gone.”

I think that the NRA is near dead, thanks Wayne.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Slalom.45 View Post
    I've sent money to GOA, 2AF, etc. in the past. The truth is we need an organization with the SIZE of the NRA to be effective in DC. The question is how does that happen? A full on reorganization of the NRA, move to another existing org., or form something new?

How much time is there for any of these things to happen before the other side pounces?
    We do the only thing that can be done. We get rid of those in the NRA who are the trouble makers and clean house. It is time for the NRA to undergo an external financial and compliance audit.

Yes, an AUDIT.

How do we do this? The same way anyone does something in this country. This is America, if we can't convince people to do the right thing, we SUE THEM.

I'm not familiar enough with the by-laws of the NRA to know precisely which section/subheading/etc needs to be used to justify, but I'd renew my long-lapsed NRA membership to bring a class-action lawsuit against the NRA Board of Directors. The only thing I've wanted from the NRA is for it to be the organization in makes pretenses at being.

Now that WLP is on the defensive and his house is starting to crumble, it's time for those of us who want the organization to be better to rise up and take action, demand action, and take it from him.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 07-02-2019 at 04:34 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The whales are starting to revolt.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/02/u...-lapierre.html
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    His demands include the resignation of Mr. LaPierre and his senior leadership in time to put in a new team for the 2020 elections. In addition to Mr. Cox’s return, he wants Allen West, an N.R.A. board member and former Tea Party congressman opposed to Mr. LaPierre, installed as the group’s president. (Some of Mr. Dell’Aquila’s demands echo those of Mr. West and others.)
    #MeToo
    #RESIST

This is good. I know the NRA could give a rat's ass less about me witholding what little money I've given them, but when people start talking about witholding millions of dollars, that gets their attention...Hopefully, more of these people will do the same..

If Wayne and his deadbeat friends could be forced out by the end of the summer, I think there'd still be time to reorganize, and get ready for 2020 elections.
    Last edited by ralph; 07-02-2019 at 04:51 PM.

I doubt the NRA is going away, but I do expect some pretty radical change. Not radical enough for some, but heavy housekeeping.

There we go. I’m betting that a majority of jane n joes in the wider membership are ready to get behind these guys, and not the current leadership. #itsastart
    ”When antisemitism moves from the shameful fringe into the public square, it is not about Jews… it is about the surrounding society or the culture or the country. It is an early warning system—a sign that the society itself is breaking down. That it is dying.” -Bari Weiss

The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

https://www.secondamendmentdaily.com...big-democrats/

Surprised? What a shit show. I am so tired of this. Gut this bitch. It is time for some fresh real leadership.

“Every gun law is a infringement”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Trukinjp13; 07-02-2019 at 09:38 PM.

User Tag List