Page 28 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I think I may have posted previously about the problems with a class action:

1) No one really wins except the lawyers. They get hundreds of thousands in attorney fees for negotiating a settlement of less than $10 per class member.

2) Money will now be drained from the NRA to Brewer at an even faster rate.

Having said that, I do not see any good options, and the class action may be the best of the bad options.

As part of the discovery process. documents showing how the board oversaw - or did not oversee - all of the wrongdoing are likely to come to light. The directors who covered for WLP and company might find themselves personally named as defendants on an amended complaint. Maybe if they are unwilling to do the right thing to protect the NRA and protect our rights, then they might do the right thing before they find themselves learning just how much - or little - protection their director's insurance provides.

I hope the settlement includes a promise of permanent changes to the bylaws and oversight procedures so that this never happens again.
    Bill, I agree with you, this is probably going to get very messy, but, if this is what it takes to right the ship, so be it..

Now that this shit storm is deep enough to choke a Giraffe, where are all the PF NRA apologists at now telling us we don't see the big picture and we don't know what we don't know? They've been awful quiet now lately.

Oh yeah, and the people getting pissy pants because @Sidheshooter mentioned the NY AG is black and a woman, you're so busy looking for some bullshit to be offended by that you missed his point.

Well, the “circle the wagons, stonewall the press, and extend the offer for the Elk Valley Classic Duffle- a 79.95 value for another week” strategy has got to be seeming less and less viable. Right?
    Last edited by TDA; 08-07-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Sycophants and incompetents

I am a Patron member of NRA, and a professional fiduciary who operates in several states including NY.
    I am not an attorney.
    The board and its lawyers have no idea what is coming for them beside subpoenas.
    NY AGs have extensive staffs and broad powers. I have no doubt they will have depositions from board members.
    WLPs behavior is so egregious that he is an easy target, but the board should be frightened as well.
    Forcing the NRA to cease operations in NY is probably a given.
    Breach of fiduciary duty is another given IMHO.
    When I think of the profligacy of spending blue collar NRA members contributions on $2500 suits for WLP it makes my blood boil.
    No more money from this boy until he and his lackeys are f’ing gone.
    Rant ends.
    Shumba

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    My suggestion..buy 3 Colt 6920's or BCM Mod1's keep two for yourself, one for sale when a ban looks likely, sell the one, at that point, you'll be able to sell the one for enough to pay for all three, possibly with money left over. Some people would say taking advanatge of a panic is a bad thing to do..I say, you' ve had about 4 years to get ready..buy mags, ammo etc, if you're not prepared by now, it's your own fault.. Knowing that, I'd have no problem selling a spare AR I bought for triple what I paid..
    Careful with this strategy. The ATF has published guidance that buying and selling even one firearm specifically with the intent of turning a profit (may) make one a dealer, requiring full FFL status; failing to be licensed would be a prosecutable crime. IANAL, etc.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Shumba View Post
    I am a Patron member of NRA, and a professional fiduciary who operates in several states including NY.
    I am not an attorney.
    The board and its lawyers have no idea what is coming for them beside subpoenas.
    NY AGs have extensive staffs and broad powers. I have no doubt they will have depositions from board members.
    WLPs behavior is so egregious that he is an easy target, but the board should be frightened as well.
    Forcing the NRA to cease operations in NY is probably a given.
    Breach of fiduciary duty is another given IMHO.
    When I think of the profligacy of spending blue collar NRA members contributions on $275,000 suits for WLP it makes my blood boil.
    No more money from this boy until he and his lackeys are f’ing gone.
    Rant ends.
    Shumba
    Fixed this.

It has become apparent that WLP has been using the NRA like his personal bank account and at least a few if not many BoD members are complicit.

____

Well folks...I gotta eat some humble pie here. So I'm gonna write it once and everyone mark your fucking calendars.

It would appear that I was wrong about Oliver North. I am not going back on what I said about him being a bad choice for President of the NRA for optics purposes. But it certainly is appearing that Ollie was trying to do the right thing and oust WLP and cut off Ackermann McQueen, and straighten up a listing ship, without everything getting leaked to the press and state AGs getting involved, etc.

If you've played the RevolverRob home game to any degree you know that I am no fan of Oliver North, never have been, never will be. BUT given all the present information and more information coming to light each day, it seems I was wrong.

So my apologies to Lt. Col. North for my doubts and negative statements made by me regarding his tenure as NRA President.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post

Oh yeah, and the people getting pissy pants because @Sidheshooter mentioned the NY AG is black and a woman, you're so busy looking for some bullshit to be offended by that you missed his point.
    Sure she’s playing an ambitious card, but her investigation is built on merit.The facts are stark ; WLP and Co have fleeced millions of Americans by leveraging their patriotic commitment for a fast buck and a literal mansion .This is a deplorable tragedy, and ultimately the American public is gonna be the big losers in the story.

Insofar as the AG goes , she won the political lottery. Who needs a hatchet job when your ideological enemy’s actually broken the law?
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

DELL'AQUILA's class action lawsuit:

https://cdn0.thetruthaboutguns.com/w...quila-Suit.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Careful with this strategy. The ATF has published guidance that buying and selling even one firearm specifically with the intent of turning a profit (may) make one a dealer, requiring full FFL status; failing to be licensed would be a prosecutable crime. IANAL, etc.
    I see what you're saying, Proving intent would be hard to do unless the ATF has the ability to read minds. If it's a private sale, the ATF isn't going to be involved, My point was,buy 3 now, and keep two, down the road, IF it looks like a ban is coming, then, sell one, so, we're talking a difference of months, maybe even a couple years between buying, and selling. Price goes up before a ban, well, that's the law of supply and demand.. I can see it if sombody buys a gun, and sells it at a higher price a few hours, later, and does it repeatedly, but if it's a one time private sale between you, and say, your neighbor, how are they even going to find out? The less the ATF knows, the better..
    Last edited by ralph; 08-08-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Site Supporter
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...?noredirect=on

So Trump likes UBCs and Red Flags, Lindsay G. goes along. Wayne calls Donald to give him a lecture. Donald is the wrong one to lecture. Donald has a handle on Wayne's crown being shaky. Universal disapproval of UBCs and Red Flags in the general population doesn't seem to be the case.

Wonder if Donald backs down, Wayne will try to do a victory lap for his indispensable leadership. I think in the last go around, Cox was the one who talked to Donald.

User Tag List