Page 15 of 136 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    If you join for life they send you a framed certificate. Big one... 8x11, IIRC LOL.
    Is that cooler than the Elk Valley Classic Duffel – a $79.95 value I can get if I stand shoulder to shoulder with Wayne?

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Is that cooler than the Elk Valley Classic Duffel – a $79.95 value I can get if I stand shoulder to shoulder with Wayne?
    For a small addition of only $79.95 you can stand next to his chippie...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    For a small addition of only $79.95 you can stand next to his chippie...
    Forget the duffel bag, offer an autographed photo of the chippie?

Whenever I get a fundraising email now it prompts me to google around a little and see what's hit the fan.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...Exhibit-3.html

Oliver North's counterclaim is ugly reading. Apparently Brewer billed the NRA $2.9 million per month in Q1 2019. I wonder if the burn rate increased in Q2?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Whenever I get a fundraising email now it prompts me to google around a little and see what's hit the fan.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...Exhibit-3.html

Oliver North's counterclaim is ugly reading. Apparently Brewer billed the NRA $2.9 million per month in Q1 2019. I wonder if the burn rate increased in Q2?
    When this nonsense first started coming out in public, I thought North was part of the problem. I now realize that this impression was incorrect. As best I can tell, it appears that North tried to do the best he could with a bad situation.

Regarding the legal fees, I wonder if whoever is approving these payments could be getting a kickback?
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 07-19-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    When this nonsense first started coming out in public, I thought North was part of the problem. I now realize that this impression was incorrect. As best I can tell, it appears that North tried to do the best he could with a bad situation.

Regarding the legal fees, I wonder if whoever is approving these payments could be getting a kickback?
    I have to admit that was my immediate response as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I have to admit that was my immediate response as well.
    Me too. I’ve begun to think differently. Maybe even "buy that man a beer" differently, the more the financial dirt comes out.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

My understanding is that LtCol. North is a decorated combat veteran whose only "infamy" the Iran-Contra affair was ultimately dismissed and has had a successful career both as an author and TV commentator. Lapierre has been a career lobbyist.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    My understanding is that LtCol. North is a decorated combat veteran whose only "infamy" the Iran-Contra affair was ultimately dismissed and has had a successful career both as an author and TV commentator. Lapierre has been a career lobbyist.

"Let's get off the chippies...well, you know what I mean."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Nothing wrong with being a career lobbyist, particularly when the career is lobbying for our cause. The problem arises when he does not act in the best interest of us or the NRA.

North was involved in the only scandal in history in which the participants did not participate for their own financial gain, but instead took risks for something they viewed as more iimportant than themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List