Page 14 of 136 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Didn't the ILA just lose its lobbying arm?

Whats left? I see almost no NRA programs for shooters and I live in the mecca of tactical shooting.
    Friends of NRA funds education and training.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Folks, I have, by my count 7 takers so far.

I'll extend my time limit to Friday at 6pm PST, just to give our left coast leftys a chance to join.

@LittleLebowski - maybe we should split out the SAF posts into a separate thread, that could be stickied until Friday? A general notice or something. I'd like to give all my money away.
    I joined SAF as a Life member last year. I wish I could figure out how to turn off all of the sky-is-falling snail-mail. Don't get me started on the "annual renewal" (might have said annual dues or something) letter. At least the NRA deluge was turned off with a phone call.

I assume these tactics are effective.... Just makes me a little sad.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I joined SAF as a Life member last year. I wish I could figure out how to turn off all of the sky-is-falling snail-mail. Don't get me started on the "annual renewal" (might have said annual dues or something) letter. At least the NRA deluge was turned off with a phone call.

I assume these tactics are effective.... Just makes me a little sad.
    Yeah, I only joined under the five year plan about a year and a half ago and get constant dues reminders. And the newsletters mostly go direct to trash. There's only so much chicken little I can take.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Whomever wants to make a donation to SAF, please do. I joined for a year.
    Last edited by Medusa; 07-16-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Lifetime member of the SAF since nearly twenty years ago.

I turned off all their solicitations, though, likewise those for the NRA & GOA.
    I disbelieve most of their "Chicken Little"-type proclamations about impending 2A disaster.

Basically, I'm happy to help, and to "do my part" by supporting worthwhile pro-2A groups, but it's high time for the organizations in question not only to "put up or shut up", but to give us subscribers at least some significant degree of transparency about how our money is used.

WLP's exploitation of NRA monies has soured the whole pro-2A financial-support motivation.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

FWIW, I changed my Amazon Smile donation from the NRA to the SAF. Maybe after a year or two, that will be one little blue pill that WLP won't be buying on my dime.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    FWIW, I changed my Amazon Smile donation from the NRA to the SAF. Maybe after a year or two, that will be one little blue pill that WLP won't be buying on my dime.

"Hmmm, note to self, don't accept any executive positions at the NRA..."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Lifetime member of the SAF since nearly twenty years ago.

I turned off all their solicitations, though, likewise those for the NRA & GOA.
    I disbelieve most of their "Chicken Little"-type proclamations about impending 2A disaster.

Basically, I'm happy to help, and to "do my part" by supporting worthwhile pro-2A groups, but it's high time for the organizations in question not only to "put up or shut up", but to give us subscribers at least some significant degree of transparency about how our money is used.

WLP's exploitation of NRA monies has soured the whole pro-2A financial-support motivation.
    From the SAF website:

https://www.saf.org/wp-content/uploa...0-Tax-Form.pdf

Site Supporter
    I just joined SAF because of this thread.

Second Amendment Foundation <admin@saf.org>9:56 AM (1 minute ago)
    to "PARF"

Dear "PARF",

Thank you so much for your tax-deductible $150.00 membership in the Second Amendment Foundation. For any five-year, life or Committee of 1000 membership you will receive a letter for income tax purposes.

The Second Amendment Foundation is appreciative of your support.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Parf View Post
    I just joined SAF because of this thread.
    If you join for life they send you a framed certificate. Big one... 8x11, IIRC LOL.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List