Page 12 of 136 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I agree with most of this. I only hope that the museum is its own entity and can be spared, but I am not hopeful.

I think that whatever succeeds the NRA has to be gotten off the ground, now. We're going to need an effective pro-2A organization before the NRA is demolished. There are too many well-funded anti groups to have a gap in advocacy for our side.
    I'd like to see the museum spared as well, but if money gets tight, I've no doubt WLP and company will call an auction house. Sadly, this is what happens when you have people in charge who care only about money, and power..

https://www.apnews.com/f40470ad0ec041b0b445f32344ca7ebc

More billable hours for William A. Brewer III. I wish they’d investigate how the audit committee signed off on paying his fees to sue his father in law Angus McQueen. I’m also curious about what explanation, if any, he offered for being thrown out of court in Virginia for not disclosing his Texas jury tampering charges.

Just for fun, here’s the firm on glassdoor.
    https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Br...ws-E118967.htm

We have the organization we need to replace the NRA - the Second Amendment Foundation

With board members like Alan Gottlieb, Massad Ayoob, and Tom Gresham - the SAF is already an excellent organization.

They need to grow in terms of media presence and training program development (both of which they have, but could grow).

Their record on legal challenges in support of the 2A is nearly unprecedented.

What they need is our support -

So, who is going to join me today? I need to renew my SAF membership, I'm going to do a 5-year renewal, today.

I'll donate an additional $10 for each person here who renews/joins SAF today up to $200. That's 20 of you out there who can join SAF today for $15 for the year and know you're also donating an additional $10 with your membership fees.

I'll let this donation drive run through Monday morning at 10:30am CST (48-hours).

PM me - if you decide to join and take me up on my donation matching.

I joined for five years last year. The cost was small and the cause worthy.

If they add @Tiffany Johnson to the board, I'll send another $50.

ETA: If they're going to continue bombarding me with printed material every few days, I want them to hire @Tamara to handle all written communications.

No reason why I shouldn't have a laugh and a smile while reading something on a subject near and dear to us.
    Last edited by blues; 07-13-2019 at 10:39 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I became a lifetime SAF member in February.

I've been sending $10/month to their WA I-1639 defense fund. It would be nice to get a win in the 9th Circuit.

I just signed up for 5 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    We have the organization we need to replace the NRA - the Second Amendment Foundation

With board members like Alan Gottlieb, Massad Ayoob, and Tom Gresham - the SAF is already an excellent organization.

They need to grow in terms of media presence and training program development (both of which they have, but could grow).

So, who is going to join me today? I need to renew my SAF membership, I'm going to do a 5-year renewal, today.

I'll donate an additional $10 for each person here who renews/joins SAF today up to $200. That's 20 of you out there who can join SAF today for $15 for the year and know you're also donating an additional $10 with your membership fees.

I'll let this donation drive run through Monday morning at 10:30am CST (48-hours).

Regarding the Second Amendment Foundation, they made the financial information below available right on their website:

https://www.saf.org/wp-content/uploa...0-Tax-Form.pdf

I only reviewed it quickly, but did not see any red flags. As best I can tell, it appears that the bulk of their money is going to their stated purpose.

This type of openness is exactly what all of us should insist on from any organization to which we donate.

I will concur with Rob's assessment that SAF appears to present our best NRA alternative, and needs as much support as they can get so that they can have the same level of influence.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

I joined last week.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Signed up for 5 years

Site Supporter

As I think about Rob's offer, he has exactly the right idea. We need to get a good NRA alternative built up NOW.

I purchased a lifetime membership in SAF prior to his offer, so it would not apply to me.

I will make an offer matching Rob's offer, for new members 21-40, since he is covering new members 1-20. Send me a PM by Friday at 5 pm eastern time so I know you joined. Otherwise, same terms as Rob's offer: $10 donation to SAF for each new membership, up to $200.
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 07-13-2019 at 01:48 PM.

User Tag List