Page 100 of 136 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1359

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    The NRA's a disgrace who couldn't find my state on a map of MD.
    I've literally worked on every gun bill that has moved through the Maryland legislature since 2010. We've stopped or lessened a lot, but we often don't have the votes.

You can see alerts we send for Maryland here: https://www.nraila.org/?page=0&state...gt=latest-news

Here's our state director for Maryland explaining our opposition to the proposed ghost gun ban currently in the legislature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odYHgIU9JSI

We're currently working to get rid of the HQL in court: https://www.nraila.org/articles/2021...constitutional

We took a challenge on the Maryland AWB all the way to SCOTUS, but unfortunately they didn't take it. https://www.scotusblog.com/case-file...kolbe-v-hogan/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Josh

The thrust of your response is “others do it too.”

Are you remotely serious?

Thinking that is was a proper retort when we are talking about WLP et al are literally running the organization into the financial ground is precisely the lack of “self awareness” that if continued, will be the eventual demise of the organization.
    I'm not attempting to excuse anything. A bunch of posters in this thread have made a big deal about related party transactions, and then point to an alternative that is one big related party transaction. I just said that doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Donations will continue to go to MSI. Mark seems happy with his wardrobe. WLP compares unfavorably.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I'm not attempting to excuse anything. A bunch of posters in this thread have made a big deal about related party transactions, and then point to an alternative that is one big related party transaction. I just said that doesn't make sense to me.
    Much more is wrong at the NRA than merely related party transactions. I would very much prefer to see this mess straightened out, but the more time passes with nothing positive happening, the less hope any of us has that that will occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Much more is wrong at the NRA than merely related party transactions. I would very much prefer to see this mess straightened out, but the more time passes with nothing positive happening, the less hope any of us has that that will occur.

I am right there with you Bill!
    Shumba

Site Supporter

The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

A NY court has now ruled that the state attorney general cannot seek to dissolve the NRA, but can seek to oust WLP for using the organization for personal gain.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/nr...02/id/1059323/

This is the first time I have liked the direction things are going for the NRA since this mess became public. Getting rid of WLP and any other corrupt individuals while leaving the organization intact would leave it stronger than before this whole thing began. Letitia James may find that instead of damaging or destroying the NRA, she has strengthened it in the long term.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Letitia James may find that instead of damaging or destroying the NRA, she has strengthened it in the long term.
    Wonderfully ironic if that's the result.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

A NY court has now ruled that the state attorney general cannot seek to dissolve the NRA, but can seek to oust WLP for using the organization for personal gain.

This is the first time I have liked the direction things are going for the NRA since this mess became public. Getting rid of WLP and any other corrupt individuals while leaving the organization intact would leave it stronger than before this whole thing began. Letitia James may find that instead of damaging or destroying the NRA, she has strengthened it in the long term.

One of the most powerful laws of the universe is the law of unintendended consequences (it goes both ways). Bill I hope you're right but Im concerned you may be unrealistically optimistic.

Step 1 get rid of and hopefully crucify WLP.
    Step 2 put controls in place so that this NEVER happens again.
    Step 3 FIX and preserve the NRA i.e. get orange man politics out of the mission stmt
    Step 4 evaluate and adjust as necessary.

IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    One of the most powerful laws of the universe is the law of unintendended consequences (it goes both ways). Bill I hope you're right but Im concerned you may be unrealistically optimistic.

Step 1 get rid of and hopefully crucify WLP.
    Step 2 put controls in place so that this NEVER happens again.
    Step 3 FIX and preserve the NRA i.e. get orange man politics out of the mission stmt
    Step 4 evaluate and adjust as necessary.

IMHO
    I'm thinking that maybe Step 1 might get done after this court decision, maybe.

Steps 2 through 4 will be harder. I got kind of a chuckle at the thread that was asking who do you like for the NRA board. Because of the way they (the board) have redone the bylaws there is a pretty good chance that anyone nominated is going to be a team player in Wayne's World.

Kind of like thinking that Russia will turn around once Putin's gone. Nope, his cadre will still be around and they will be looking after their own interests.

JMO
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

If true, then Christmas just came early.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List