Page 125 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1359

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    So are all the "not another dime" crowd going to change their tune now the he's out?
    Possibly. Certainly under consideration going forward.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

So are all the "not another dime" crowd going to change their tune now the he's out?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    @Tokarev That's an important question. As a personal responce, probably not mirrored by others on this forum, I don't plan to change my tune at all. "Not another dime" remains in place. Wayne had to go, but at least equally important is the restructuring of the NRA to prevent the sort of shenanigans WLP grew to represent.

That is at least equally important because proper structuring might have prevented most of Wayne's mischief. We don't want to repeat this angst.

Duces
    NRA Endowment member since 1996
    A peaceful man is capable of great violence, but he keeps it under control. If a man is not capable of violence, he is not peaceful. He is just harmless. (Jordan Peterson)

He's gone, so I'll throw them some cash like I said I would. Then I'll start bitching about the other issues.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Not another dime? Now??

You guys really think things will change with him gone and the board in place!?! To me, they ignored, did not ask after, condoned, and allowed this behavior. The rot goes to the bottom. EVERYONE MUST GO, be fired, or relieved of duty and a smaller board put in place. Ok, now my family needs me and I must leave this thread to support them in their endeavors……

It's a great step forward and I am cautiously optimistic that I will once again open my wallet to the NRA.

However, we will see what actually happens.

Charlie Cotton will be stepping in. I believe he's a member here. I can't remember his user name.

Well, that explains why he never approves my TXCHL membership…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

He's out, so, yes. I'll rejoin but will continue to support the alternatives I started supporting when I figured out that my donations weren't funding a Tuesday's worth of Wayne's tie budget.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    ("Health reasons", in a pig's eye.)

For myself, the rot has to be cleaned out. There has to be a full and public audit. And I want to know what happened to the firearms in the NRA Museum.

If the NRA was a house, I don't know if anything would be salvageable other than the cellar hole.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Like many others here, I said 'Not another dime until Waynes leeching incompetent non-shooting luddite ass is gone'.

I make good on my word so I'll probably donate a small amount to them so long as the NRA powers-that-be don't do something spectacularly stupid between now and say, March 1st.

But my only motivation to send that money is to provide new positive feedback to the NRA machine. I want them to see some money rolling back in, and I want them to know it was because they got rid of Wayne. I'm hoping that encourages further significant changes within that org to restore things back to how they ought to be.

No more lavish lives for side chicks
    No more $40,000 fucking suits
    No more 8-digit bills from Dem lawyers for services rendered defending the idiots at the top and not the NRA itself, let alone fighting the good fight the NRA stands for (or should, anyway)

IMHO, if the NRA were a military, it seems to me that everyone above the rank of O4 or so was lobotomized and they all collectively exist to sit around smoking cigars at big conference tables talking about their side chicks, legal problems, and new chicken little slogans to make regular folks send more money. Then make the occasional public appearance in one of those 5-digit suits and shake a musket* at people. Otherwise they seem to do fuck-all except take credit from every other Pro-2A org doing the real work.

If not for @joshs and his input on the NRA-ILA and other happenings within, I would have assumed by now that the whole of the NRA, literally the whole building and every associated organization, were full of anti-gun double agents doing their best to bankrupt every possible effort and squander all the money they can to pay for their fun and protect themselves from fun's repercussions.

So I'm grateful for joshs and the NRA-ILA, I think the NRA stands a chance of being not only good to save but worth saving, and that's solely because of the input and insight he's shared here.

*edit: and seriously, fuck using a musket anymore. Are none of the service rifles carried in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, or GWOT good enough to be representative of the right to keep and bear arms? Appeasing old pointless Judas fudds and concern of 'optics' at the cost of being deliberately tone-deaf to basically any potential NRA member under 40 is a pants-on-head retarded move for the long game. Pick a goddamn proper US service rifle, make it the new mascot. Fuck muskets and fuck anyone who thinks that's still a good idea.
    Last edited by JRB; 01-05-2024 at 07:06 PM.

I'll send them a dime. I'll also send the above quote of @Duces Tecum.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List