Page 134 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1359

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I am now receiving emails offering $25 off if I renew my membership (currently an annual membership) or 1/2 off the cost of a life membership. It might be worth taking the chance on renewing my annual membership, but I don't think I would risk a life membership at this point.
    Worth the small contribution to be able to vote the bastards out... hopefully.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I hope I am wrong about this, but my gut feeling is that this is a last ditch effort to grab as much cash as possible before closing the doors. If I do it, I will use a credit card with a favorable track record for handling disputed charges.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    IIRC, you have to be an annual member for five years to be eligible to vote.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Perhaps that is because such behavior de rigueur in some circles and did not cause any outcry....
    Yes, and then they might have to look at similar abuses by BLM and similar non-profits.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Sounds like our other (elected) representatives.

Power corrupts...
    I was going to mention Palosi, Feinstein, and McConnel but no need to now. It's a good gig if you can get it.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    IIRC, you have to be an annual member for five years to be eligible to vote.
    That's correct. I just pay my dues because I have to. Range rules. I look at it as insurance, although shake down might be a better term. The NRA has been useless here in WA. fighting the Evil Empire. I can't help to think that all that embezzled money could have helped us when we were going under in years past.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I am now receiving emails offering $25 off if I renew my membership (currently an annual membership) or 1/2 off the cost of a life membership. It might be worth taking the chance on renewing my annual membership, but I don't think I would risk a life membership at this point.
    I’d wait about a year or so, and see how this pans out..IMO, All of the board members should be removed..there’s too many wayne wannabes in there,and they’ll do or say anything to get to Wayne’s old job..besides, they don’t need 70 board members, that needs trimmed down to about 12-15 at the most..Until this type of reorganization is done, I’m not giving them anything..

Site Supporter
    My membership is up in June. I will renew before then, but only 1 year at a time. The NRA must get its finances and leadership in order before I risk any more than a year at a time.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    ...besides, they don’t need 70 board members, that needs trimmed down to about 12-15 at the most..Until this type of reorganization is done, I’m not giving them anything..
    ^^^This is the true, long-term elephant in the room, IMO. WLP may have been the huge Walrus getting all the attention, but a BOT inflated to 76 sucklings? Ludicrous.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    This article claims WLP and company cost the gun rights movement more than $1 billion. That amount is enough so that it would have made a difference over the last few years.

https://www.ammoland.com/2024/03/nra...llion-dollars/

User Tag List