Page 68 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What's the general attitude now? Are we still anti-NRA (or anti-WLP) in the aftermath of the elections?

Depending on what Trump and his legal team can pull off with their "Hail Mary" I think we'll need the NRA more than ever.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    I am NOT anti NRA but I am sure as hell pro good governance.
    That starts with a rigid code of conduct for officers, the board and employees.
    At the very least one complete financial audit every two years.
    State rifle and pistol associations and NRA affiliated clubs also need much more support from NRA.
    Shumba

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What's the general attitude now? Are we still anti-NRA (or anti-WLP) in the aftermath of the elections?

Depending on what Trump and his legal team can pull off with their "Hail Mary" I think we'll need the NRA more than ever.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Now that Mas is president at SAF we will need to rely upon both organizations to advocate for our interests.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    The NRA response to the election will be interesting. They were totally into Trump. What to do now?

It would be interesting to determine if gun control issues were operative in the election. More research than just spouting cliches. Was the hold your nose and vote for Trump vote real? Can lower level Democratic state reps and congress people be influenced to break with the party line in toss up states>

Such questions cannot be examined if the 'leadership' is still into just Trumpism.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 11-10-2020 at 11:09 AM.

I am pro-NRA and anti-WLP, although I am more likely to send additional support to FPC and SAF. I think each of these organizations will individually and collectively be critical in the upcoming efforts.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Until leadership at NRA gets straightened out I'm focusing my support on NRA-ILA.

I was before, so no change, but there you go.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The NRA response to the election will be interesting. They were totally into Trump. What to do now?
    The cynic in me thinks WLP and his sycophants are planning to take their mistresses with them to go suit and jet shopping with the donations that will come in from their “Joe and Kamala are coming for your guns” campaigns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    The cynic in me thinks WLP and his sycophants are planning to take their mistresses with them to go suit and jet shopping with the donations that will come in from their “Joe and Kamala are coming for your guns” campaigns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly, Same shit, different day...

Site Supporter
    Normally don't look at Huff Post but this was in a news feed, so I looked at it:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nra-n...b66cd4ad40cc60

New York Settles With NRA Over Illegal Insurance Sales, Deceiving Members
    The National Rifle Association must pay $2.5 million and agree to a five-year ban from doing insurance business in New York.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The National Rifle Association agreed to a five-year ban on doing insurance business in New York state and will pay a $2.5 million civil fine to settle charges it offered insurance to members without a license and concealed how it routinely kept some premiums for itself.

New York’s Department of Financial Services announced the settlement on Wednesday, saying the gun rights group had violated various state insurance laws and regulations through its sale of insurance products, including Carry Guard.

Only a 2.5 million settlement? That $54 million we spent on the Brewer organization really paid off. Suck it, NY State!

Site Supporter
    Well, the financial shenanigans continue: https://www.wsj.com/articles/nra-ack...ng-11606341481

What this portends, hmm? Criminal charges?

User Tag List