Page 13 of 136 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    As I think about Rob's offer, he has exactly the right idea. We need to get a good NRA alternative built up NOW.

I purchased a lifetime membership in SAF prior to his offer, so it would not apply to me.

I will make an offer matching Rob's offer, for new members 21-40, since he is covering new members 1-20. Send me a PM by Friday at 5 pm eastern time so I know you joined. Otherwise, same terms as Rob's offer: $10 donation to SAF for each new membership, up to $200.

I will do the same for persons 41-60. This is good through Friday. No strings attached, so if you get someone to sign up and they join here and PM me I’ll still cover my pledge.

Eric

We've been members of 2AF for years.

My concern is their reach in lobbying and in endorsing/supporting candidate for office.

My related concern is that monies sent to NRA-ILA and NRA-PVF get used for what they need to get used for...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    I will do the same for persons 41-60. This is good through Friday. No strings attached, so if you get someone to sign up and they join here and PM me I’ll still cover my pledge.

Eric
    Thank you, Eric!

Perhaps if others continue this pattern, on other forums on which they participate as well as here, we will have a strong advocate in place by the next election.

Site Supporter
    Just joined SAF.

I signed up for a 5 year membership to SAF last year. If the NRA’s leadership doesn’t fix the organization, I’ll likely sign up for a SAF life membership.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Joined SAF this evening, one year for starters. If they don’t do anything to give me the willies, I’ll probably renew for life next year

Signed up for SAF. Been meaning to do this for some time; now is as good as ever.

Folks, I have, by my count 7 takers so far.

I'll extend my time limit to Friday at 6pm PST, just to give our left coast leftys a chance to join.

@LittleLebowski - maybe we should split out the SAF posts into a separate thread, that could be stickied until Friday? A general notice or something. I'd like to give all my money away.

Good call on SAF - just signed up for a 5 year membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    We've been members of 2AF for years.

My concern is their reach in lobbying and in endorsing/supporting candidate for office.

My related concern is that monies sent to NRA-ILA and NRA-PVF get used for what they need to get used for...
    Didn't the ILA just lose its lobbying arm?

Whats left? I see almost no NRA programs for shooters and I live in the mecca of tactical shooting.

User Tag List