Page 42 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    ^^^ I honestly don't know what to think. What's public sure does wreak.
    Cotton seems to me to be a serious, stand up guy, who would put 2A ahead of personal relationships, but it's not like we're buddies, so, what do I know?

I figured his comments are worth passing along.

Staying tuned.
    It is absolutely worth passing along. There are 3 sides to every story, and we need to know what the NRA is saying to evaluate the validity of our concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The statement that the law firms had a duty to the organization and not to any one individual is absolutely correct. The question in situations like this is who at the organization should the firm look to for instructions on representing the organization’s interest. If one such individual is acting unethically or providing unethical instructions, then the lawyer’s duty becomes going up the chain of command until a higher up can be found who will do the right thing. If such cannot be found, then withdrawing from representation may become necessary. It looks like that is what they did.

Who in their right minds would hire a Democrat as a lawyer for an organization with goals that align with conservative principles?

Although the article mentioned hourly billing rates, it did not mention total monthly bill amounts.

If WLP is the one who started investigating AckMac’s billing practices, then why has every other attempt to investigate from within been squashed?

Why would North need to stifle anything when he had been totally open and honest about his employment with AckMac?

If WLP is really the one trying to get the finances back on track, then why do we see potentially conflicting statements from the NRA either claiming that everything is an outright lie, or conceding some element of truth and trying to spin the truth? The truth should be easy to keep straight.

What is the financial interest of the multimillion dollar donors who are now suing for fraudulent fundraising?

Could the selective reporting in The NY Times article be intended to further weaken the NRA by keeping the foxes in charge of the henhouse?

Oh what a tangled web the NRA doth weave. The truth will set you free.
    Last edited by Borderland; 08-23-2019 at 09:54 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    ^^^ I honestly don't know what to think. What's public sure does wreak.
    Cotton seems to me to be a serious, stand up guy, who would put 2A ahead of personal relationships, but it's not like we're buddies, so, what do I know?

I figured his comments are worth passing along.

Staying tuned.
    Sorry if I sounded combative, and thanks for linking this. I’m struggling to parse this mess.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Sorry if I sounded combative, and thanks for linking this. I’m struggling to parse this mess.
    Not at all. It's a whirlwind of merde. No offense taken.
    Hopefully when all the facts are known it'll look less bad.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

LaPierre makes the news again--or still...

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...outputType=amp

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    LaPierre makes the news again--or still...

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...outputType=amp

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    WLP may be a nozzle but it'd be nice if the press would call out the pols for this mischaracterization of legal coverage (for self-defense) as murder insurance. Pathetic.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    WLP may be a nozzle but it'd be nice if the press would call out the pols for this mischaracterization of legal coverage (for self-defense) as murder insurance. Pathetic.
    Agreed.

I’m no WLP fan but Cuomo comes off as a real fuck stick there too.

Site Supporter
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...gtype=Homepage

Analysis of the increasing polarization of the RKBA in Congress and the implications. Of course, this is the NYTimes but interesting. It won't make those who think that gun rights and conservatism are the only possible political constellation acceptable in the sky. But does it not augur well for the future? Given the wedding of the NRA to Trump and the GOP, some might have long term concerns for the 2nd Amendment.

Old debate, more shit storm to be posted by all.

Hooray, more bullshit from WLP.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/private...ve-11566831558

Private Jets Ferried Relatives of NRA Chief Executive
    Itineraries, other records show NRA paid for flights to and from Nebraska, where niece and her daughter live

The National Rifle Association paid for private jets to fly to and from central Nebraska to ferry relatives of the group’s chief executive, Wayne LaPierre, according to travel itineraries, emails and aviation records reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

One such trip took place in April 2017, when Mr. LaPierre and his wife, Susan, returned from meetings and a Nascar race the NRA chief attended in the Dallas area, according to a travel itinerary reviewed by the Journal and a person familiar with the matter.

On the flight back to NRA headquarters near Washington, D.C., the jet detoured about 500 miles out of the way to Grand Island, Neb., “to pick up Colleen” and her daughter, the itinerary says.

Colleen Sterner, a niece of Susan LaPierre, lives in Nebraska and is a low-level employee of the gun-rights group. The LaPierres have no children and Mrs. LaPierre is close to her niece and her niece’s young daughter, according to people familiar with the matter.

Such a detour on that type of jet typically would cost about $5,000, according to two charter-jet operators.

An NRA spokesman, Andrew Arulanandam, said that although Ms. Sterner typically flies on commercial airlines for her job, “she has occasionally traveled via private aircraft with NRA officials and vendors in connection with her professional responsibilities. On occasion, she has been transported to her area of residence in connection with such travel.”
    #RESIST

The hits just keep on coming. At this point, I think the verdict is totally in on WLP being corrupt. The next question is can the gun rights community as a whole live with it. I admit to being just one vote out of 100 million+ owners.

Good times, good times.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List