Page 93 of 136 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

The opportunity cost by having this cabal of corrupt weirdos right when ownership is exploding.

There must be enough sycophants, enablers, and co-conspirators all in on the jig to keep this nonsense leadership. It's infuriating to see.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    The opportunity cost by having this cabal of corrupt weirdos right when ownership is exploding.

There must be enough sycophants, enablers, and co-conspirators all in on the jig to keep this nonsense leadership. It's infuriating to see.
    Indeed. What a great time to have the power-that-could-be the NRA circling the drain! Shit. Criminals, each and every one.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Unfortunately it's time for me to renew, and if I don't then I have to give up membership of my local gun range. They don't allow for donations to other pro-second Amendment groups.
    What is their reasoning behind that decision? I've heard some clubs do it for insurance reasons, I have no clue if its true or not. I became life member nearly 30 years ago, and tired of the sky is falling money grubbing with little substance. I used to like American Rifleman, but it is no different than some of the other gun rag. It usually goes straight from mailbox to recycle bin unless something on the cover catches my eye. SAF, GOA, and GRNC get my support these days.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    What is their reasoning behind that decision? I've heard some clubs do it for insurance reasons, I have no clue if its true or not. I became life member nearly 30 years ago, and tired of the sky is falling money grubbing with little substance. I used to like American Rifleman, but it is no different than some of the other gun rag. It usually goes straight from mailbox to recycle bin unless something on the cover catches my eye. SAF, GOA, and GRNC get my support these days.
    https://rangeservices.nra.org/range-owners/

Right now, in the United States, there are a very limited number of insurance carriers who offer liability insurance to shooting ranges at all. NRA registered clubs can purchase liability insurance though the NRA’s program for shooting ranges. There are two requirements. 1) that a certain set of range safety rules be followed, and 2) that members of said clubs are NRA members. The section of the insurance policy that deals with “the public” using said range is vague… probably deliberately by the insurance carrier (the carrier is the insurance company contracted by the NRA)…

Many ranges err on the side of being covered by insurance by stating that ANY user of the range must be an NRA member. Some ranges only apply this to members. Other ranges simply say the range is not open to non-members at all. Certain (like NC for example) states have laws that allow businesses to be "private clubs" that sign their "members" up as they arrive at the door for a visit, strip clubs and some bars come to mind, but there are ranges that do it too for liability reasons. Ranges that are open to the public typically can’t exclude customers who do not belong to the NRA as they would quickly go out of business, but private clubs may set membership rules as they wish, and many private clubs are run by the sorts of people who (1) are not tracking on the shenanigans at the NRA currently or they don't care ( someone keeps voting for this shit, right...) and (2) are the sorts of people who like to wear both belts and suspenders when it comes to things like this if you get my drift....
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Site Supporter
    Title pretty much says it. I have a soft spot for Mr Cotton, but I don't know how the organization survives with LaPierre in it.

Charles Cotton Elected President as NRA Celebrates 150-Year Anniversary, NRA EVP Wayne LaPierre Re-elected
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Title pretty much says it. I have a soft spot for Mr Cotton, but I don't know how the organization survives with LaPierre in it.

Charles Cotton Elected President as NRA Celebrates 150-Year Anniversary, NRA EVP Wayne LaPierre Re-elected
    Short answer: It probably doesn’t. WLP is going to pull the NRA down with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Short answer: It probably doesn’t. WLP is going to pull the NRA down with him.
    Wayne don't care, he'll still be rich.

If you think about it, this is the way our market system is going. Thing is that at the end of the day the perpetrators will still be filthy rich and we will be left holding the bag o' poo.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    My club has a policy of NRA membership to join or renew. I notice they didn't ask for an NRA proof of membership this last renewal. Basically that tells me it's optional. I had the membership but unless they force me to renew next year I'm finished with the NRA. They need an honest-to-god election of everyone that has a membership. Short of that they're an org for old guys with dementia. I'm borderline but I spotted it. Look at the ads in the American Rifleman. Newly minted gold coins and power wheel chairs. The NRA is in it's last days. If I worked there I would be seriously looking for another job.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-06-2021 at 09:04 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    My club has a policy of NRA membership to join or renew. I notice they didn't ask for an NRA proof of membership this last renewal. Basically that tells me it's optional. I had the membership but unless they force me to renew next year I'm finished with the NRA. They need an honest-to-god election of everyone that has a membership. Short of that they're an org for old guys with dementia. I'm borderline but I spotted it. Look at the ads in the American Rifleman. Newly minted gold coins and power wheel chairs. The NRA is in it's last days. If I worked there I would be seriously looking for another job.
    Did you notice the 8 page fold out add for Federal Premium right smack in the opening fold of the article on Remington's ammunition reboot? I thought that was horribly bad form myself. Nothing against Federal but I'd have declined it's placement if I was in charge of the magazine.

ETA: It was in the Rifleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Did you notice the 8 page fold out add for Federal Premium right smack in the opening fold of the article on Remington's ammunition reboot? I thought that was horribly bad form myself. Nothing against Federal but I'd have declined it's placement if I was in charge of the magazine.

ETA: It was in the Rifleman.
    Didn't notice. I usually just throw it in the garbage before I read anything in it. It's mostly just ads and WLP's bullshit column to keep the demented old timers happily renewing their memberships.

That's pretty funny considering Federal can't make enough ammo to keep up with demand. Advertising does exactly what to increase sales in 2021?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List