Page 45 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Quote from the ammoland article:

"We are left to wonder, once again, who is making these decisions at the NRA HQ? Is it really Wayne LaPierre acting independently? Is the Executive Committee of The Board of Directors? Is it William Brewer becoming the new Tail Wagging the Dog after the break-up with Ackerman-McQueen?

We know it isn’t the Board of Directors as a whole. We know it isn’t the Voting Members of the NRA."

================================

If whomever it is who is calling the shots at the NRA is hoping that its earlier history and previous political clout will somehow prevail to save the organization's bacon in the current social-political atmosphere, he's stupid.
    To judge from just the posts here at p-f, many of the NRA's most stalwart supporters have lost almost all confidence in the manner in which it's being run.

I'll keep paying annual dues, but I'm no longer seriously hopeful that the NRA will be able to save face, recover and achieve the potency it once had for sustaining our 2A rights.
    I was a stalwart supporter until the last annual meeting. After that shit show, I reconsidered many things. I'm a life member, I've raised $150K in funds for the NRA Foundation through our local Friends of NRA group that I chaired for five years. I have ceased fundraising until there is an audit and action at reforming the NRA. I still hold out hope that this whole thing can be fixed, but I am losing hope every day. I'm an honorable man, and I want to be associated with honorable organizations. The NRA, currently, is not an honorable organization.

Oddly enough, when I talked to the guys at the rifle range that have zero online presence (about 50% of the shooters I know) they have NO clue there are current issues going on in the NRA.

Site Supporter
    Looks like the NRA is as committed as ever to pretending there is no problem and continuing business as usual. Their only plan is probably to milk as much money as they can from those who still do not see what is happening until the whole thing collapses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Looks like the NRA is as committed as ever to pretending there is no problem and continuing business as usual. Their only plan is probably to milk as much money as they can from those who still do not see what is happening until the whole thing collapses.

That sounds about right.

"What's that lump under the rug?"

"Oh, that's just a design feature."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again..Wayne is going to ride this right into the ground, he won’t leave until there’s nothing left to steal..

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Honesty she’s the worst of them all. She’s also the one that wrote a snarky op-ed about Julie and Duane trying to hijack the board, so she can fuck off and die in a fire.
    Yup. $200k or is it $300k a year to not work?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again..Wayne is going to ride this right into the ground, he won’t leave until there’s nothing left to steal..
    Yup, it’s like Hitler in his bunker.

We need Lt Colonel Allen West.

Name:  alanwest.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  29.5 KB
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post

Oddly enough, when I talked to the guys at the rifle range that have zero online presence (about 50% of the shooters I know) they have NO clue there are current issues going on in the NRA.
    Same experience, most are cluest or say they are great. When asked about bans, they say - I won't turn mine in. If they come for me, there will be trouble.

Told some how if there is a confiscatory ban, you can sit in your basement on useless guns unless you want to run your 60 to 70 year old ass in your pickup to the revolution. BTW, what happens to your social security when you win?

Site Supporter
    I spent most of Saturday volunteering at the membership booth at the Personal Protection Expo. It was plenty busy.

At a quiet moment towards the end of the day, I asked a couple of Staff guys from VA HQ what it was like being at HQ with all of the turmoil. I didn’t expect a direct answer, and didn't get one. More like an eye roll.

FWIW, it's always great just chatting with people at NRA events. I had a great day.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Yup. $200k or is it $300k a year to not work?
    Now, let's be fair. She does crank out sufficiently persuasive lies to keep the uninformed sending in their money, probably more than enough to support that salary.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’ve really had it with WLP and corrupt cat lady.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...f68_story.html
    "Since my last report, this employee has hit rock bottom and has started to dig."
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List