Page 86 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Marion and a few other board members receive compensation for doing things other than being a board member. So, if an article says she's getting paid to be a board member, that's incorrect. In Marion's case, it's for lobbying and other political work. Any compensation that board members receive is disclosed in our 990.
    Good enough. Again, your credit here is exceptional; the MSM not so much: that’s why I ask.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Marion and a few other board members receive compensation for doing things other than being a board member. So, if an article says she's getting paid to be a board member, that's incorrect. In Marion's case, it's for lobbying and other political work. Any compensation that board members receive is disclosed in our 990.
    Thanks for the clarification. I was mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I need to chase this one down for a sec, Josh. It doesn’t take long to find articles talking about, say, Marion Hammer’s pay as a board member. I’m not one to trust the media over you based on long experience, mind, but I do have to ask: what’s up with that?

eg.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl...oqm-story.html
    The article says she was paid that money while a board member, NOT for being a board member.

The leadership of the NRA has been in steady decline since 1991, because WLP is a cancer that has metastasized.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I got another renewal form and this is what’s on the part to send back:

Name:  5B7E9152-479F-4022-AE4C-E65131ED93C9.jpeg
Views: 405
Size:  24.6 KB

The only thing that I would want to write to Wayne is “resign and be damned“.

I’ve been a member for over 30 years. I’m done forking over for Wayne's cult of personality. I'll send my renewal money to SAF.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I just got my ballot, who should I vote for?

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I'm not sure that it makes any difference.

Take this for what it's worth (source The Trace):

https://www.thetrace.org/2021/05/nra...ayne-lapierre/
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    Don’t they usually come out in March or so?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

To be honest, I haven't paid much attention to the time of year that they come out. I think it is because of all the resignations.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Don’t they usually come out in March or so?
    Yes, but annual meeting is normally in April or May. Since it is in September this year, they're in the combined June/July issue that just came out.

Let’s figure out who’s the least of the evils on this one. I just got an email from my dad, roughly “If you hear anything on a productive path forward on this from your forums, let me know. At this point I am happy to vote with you.”

He’s in the F LaPierre camp as well.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List