Page 76 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    What are the half a billion dollars in liabilities? I get an organization of that size is going to have liabilities, but that seems like something worth explaining if we're to believe they are financially stable.
    Just outstanding backpay to interns, private jet fuel expenses, a couple of hundred bespoke suits, and the mortgage payments on a few mansions for WLP.

Don't worry about it.

So, when is the NRA Board going to oust WLP, again? Before or after they expend significant funds moving to Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So, when is the NRA Board going to oust WLP, again? Before or after they expend significant funds moving to Texas?
    I know you are asking a rhetorical question, but I want to say this again:

Never. When you look at recent board actions it is clear that they are moving to ensure the board is compromised 100% of LaPierre sycophants.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Just outstanding backpay to interns, private jet fuel expenses, a couple of hundred bespoke suits, and the mortgage payments on a few mansions for WLP.

Don't worry about it.

They get rid of WLP and his cronies, concentrate on fighting the battle in front of us, stop doing dumb shit like wine and book clubs, selling cheap Chinese trinkets. And, basically giving WLP an unlimited expense fund, and I might consider rejoining. Until every one of those changes are made, they can go pound sand.

Hindsight being 20/20, I wonder why they couldn't have done this earlier and perhaps been in a better position to help defend the political landscape as they had in previous years i.e. before the White House and Senate were lost.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Hindsight being 20/20, I wonder why they couldn't have done this earlier and perhaps been in a better position to help defend the political landscape as they had in previous years i.e. before the White House and Senate were lost.
    We did far more in 2020 than in any prior year that I've been in ILA. As in literally more than 10x the number of voter contacts we made in 2016. 2A as an issue was also a benefit in nearly all close races down ballot. That's why Everytown didn't really run any gun ads and didn't even attempt to play in a lot of races. They also lost the vast majority of state races that they were involved in.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    We did far more in 2020 than in any prior year that I've been in ILA....
    Apologies if it sounded like I was in any way including you guys in the ILA and your efforts in with my criticism which was intended for WLP and his cohorts. But to my mind, the resources used to defend the NRA against the NY lawsuit, not to mention the alleged history of expensing of luxury items and the subsequent ill will it created among potential donors, could not have had worse timing. And on the part of the left, I'm sure that timing was not accidental.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    We did far more in 2020 than in any prior year that I've been in ILA. As in literally more than 10x the number of voter contacts we made in 2016.
    Robocalls? Actually talked to a human being? 10 x 2016 number equals how many contacts?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    They get rid of WLP and his cronies, concentrate on fighting the battle in front of us, stop doing dumb shit like wine and book clubs, selling cheap Chinese trinkets. And, basically giving WLP an unlimited expense fund, and I might consider rejoining. Until every one of those changes are made, they can go pound sand.
    I've been an annual member for a very long time. When it times out at the end of the year, I'm hoofing it. That even a nickel of my dues is going to pay for WLP's bespoke suits and his bizjet travel is a nicket too much.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    I wonder why they couldn't have done this earlier
    I do not think it easy to dissolve a nonprofit like the NRA so that it could be incorporated in a different state. There was no need to try to change the state of incorporation previously. But, the political climate in New Yawk, including the liberal New York AG's attack against the NRA, made a move necessary. The better question is why the NRA is even in a position to be attacked under New York's corporate laws by a liberal attorney general. It's a shame really.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Robocalls? Actually talked to a human being? 10 x 2016 number equals how many contacts?
    I'll pm you some details.

User Tag List