Page 129 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1359

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Thus the obvious problem when the fish rots from the head- the head works to ensure that everyone below him is just as corrupt as he is. Anyone who doesn't engage in corruption tends to get removed.
    It's been challenging to not start a thread over on the Texas forum to ask the owner there what role the audit committee (he's been Chairman for some time) played in the alleged/apparent cover-up... There are some good people over there and I don't want to be a dick to the guy in his own house, nor do I want to get kicked out. But I would like some answers about how my contributions were spent and how the alleged mis-spending was not stopped sooner.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    The state organizations that have pledged loyalty to the NRA have problems. NY's is like that.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/nra-ex-cf...214704526.html

NRA’s ex-CFO testified he charged group for his Texas to Virginia commute for 3 years

"Wilson “Woody” Phillips, the first defendant to be called to the stand in the civil trial against the National Rifle Association and its executives, testified Friday that he billed the NRA for his interstate commute after he bought a new home in Texas and that he received $30,000 a month in compensation after he left the group. . .

. . . He testified that the NRA reimbursed him for that commute and for hotels for three years and that he did not tell the group’s compensation committee about those expenses. . .

. . . Phillips testified that he did not have LaPierre’s contract extension agreement approved by the NRA’s audit committee and that he did not do a separate assessment of it. The agreement stipulated that LaPierre would be paid $1.3 million for 2019 and even more in the following years. . ."

(sic)
    I wonder if he paid taxes on that. IIRC, compensation for a commute is classified as income.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Buzz Mills Open Letter to NRA

https://nraindanger.wordpress.com/20...-to-the-board/

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I guess to me the worst of the worst with this whole debacle is what the NRA could have accomplished. The largest crime to us as members to me is that for decades the NRA's concentration & money flowed more and more to corruption and away from it's mission.

Who knows where we could be now, what great things it could have seen done to benefit this country.

I think at this point it's sort of like our federal government. The corruption has become so widespread that it splashes onto the few good people left to the point that how can one really tell?

Burn it all to the ground and start over, see if it can find a new and better core mission. It's been off course (if it ever really was) for almost 100 years now. It wasn't much of a player in trying to defeat the NFA in'34. Without the National Revolver Association the NFA would have covered handguns too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    I guess to me the worst of the worst with this whole debacle is what the NRA could have accomplished. The largest crime to us as members to me is that for decades the NRA's concentration & money flowed more and more to corruption and away from it's mission.

Who knows where we could be now, what great things it could have seen done to benefit this country.

I think at this point it's sort of like our federal government. The corruption has become so widespread that it splashes onto the few good people left to the point that how can one really tell?

Burn it all to the ground and start over, see if it can find a new and better core mission. It's been off course (if it ever really was) for almost 100 years now. It wasn't much of a player in trying to defeat the NFA in'34. Without the National Revolver Association the NFA would have covered handguns too.
    My understanding is that fighting gun control was not part of its mission until the mid 1970’s.

I agree that the resource diversion is a huge disappointment, as well as the missed opportunities, both historically and more recently.

Even more disappointing is that even with the trial, they still do not seem to be committed to purging the corrupt leaders.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Even more disappointing is that even with the trial, they still do not seem to be committed to purging the corrupt leaders.
    They way I look at it, in the first place, it was/is a club, they are friends; second, look at their ages, they just want to hang on until they're through, to heck with the organization, what about my gravy train.

I'm probably to cynical and simple to be correct in this, but that's my take. They sure the eff weren't riding for the brand.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    This.

What if the Democrat leadership had spent the Trump years coming up with a solid border policy instead of screeching about impeachment?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    My understanding is that fighting gun control was not part of its mission until the mid 1970’s. I was young in the '70s, but from my memory, you're correct.

I agree that the resource diversion is a huge disappointment, as well as the missed opportunities, both historically and more recently. Way totally agreed.

Even more way totally agreed. Just burn it to the ground, my trust is gone, never to return.

Most of the bad guys aren’t slowing down for a fraction of a second because I’m hesitating to send money to people in my association that I don’t like who are turning out to be crooks. I don’t think that’s the answer. I think the membership needs to wage the thankless, miserable ground game to reassert control over our association. it could be different.

User Tag List