Page 38 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

NRA and specifically the stuff with Lapierre featured on Fox News/Next Revolution tonight. Nothing we don't already know but more mainstream attention is not good.

I am not saying Wayne is guilty of some wrongdoing. Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. But I do wonder how much of this stuff if pushed out by the left. You know it works them into a lather every time Trump is seen with Wayne and/or mentions him by name.

Anyway, Wayne needs to make a public statement that, for the good of the organization and to take media attention off, he is stepping aside so the NRA can get back to business.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 08-18-2019 at 09:36 PM.

@Tokarev, while I agree with you about WLP, I would be very surprised if he was committed to the organization and its mission ahead of his own lifestyle.

I'm still a NRA member, and I still think that there's a lot of good that NRA can still do, but I have attempted to increase my support of local and state organizations, as well as other national gun rights organizations.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    NRA and specifically the stuff with Lapierre featured on Fox News/Next Revolution tonight. Nothing we don't already know but more mainstream attention is not good.

I am not saying Wayne is guilty of some wrongdoing. Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. But I do wonder how much of this stuff if pushed out by the left. You know it works them into a lather every time Trump is seen with Wayne and/or mentions him by name.

Anyway, Wayne needs to make a public statement that, for the good of the organization and to take media attention off, he is stepping aside so the NRA can get back to business.
    If you have any questions about what happened, the Save The Second website has the actual leaked documents for anyone to see. So far, the authenticity of those documents has not been called into question, and the explanations given by the NRA itself do far more to validate them than to discredit them.

I and many others here would love to believe that this is nothing but a big left wing media hit job on the NRA. However, the existence of those documents, as well as the events at the last annual meeting, confirm that the story is real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    So far, the authenticity of those documents has not been called into question, and the explanations given by the NRA itself do far more to validate them than to discredit them.

I and many others here would love to believe that this is nothing but a big left wing media hit job on the NRA. However, the existence of those documents, as well as the events at the last annual meeting, confirm that the story is real.
    I don't know what Wayne's side of the story is.

What I do know is the media will continue to cycle through this every couple of weeks up until the election. Anything they can do to make Trump and/or anyone supportive look bad they will.

Wayne needs to step aside regardless of what may or may not be going on. It would be big news for about a week and then that would be the end of it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I understand the support for state level organizations, but what am I missing? It is possible we will face another federal AWB if Trump is defeated and we lose a few more seats in the Senate (possible based on current projections). Just genuinely curious what role state-level organizations play into protecting our rights on a federal level, as I may be missing some obvious things. Though, if the argument is that state orgs can impact federal members of congress, id be surprised.
    Last edited by Kirk; 08-19-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Site Supporter
    I don't know what Wayne's side of the story is.

What I do know is the media will continue to cycle through this every couple of weeks up until the election. Anything they can do to make Trump and/or anyone supportive look bad they will.

Wayne needs to step aside regardless of what may or may not be going on. It would be big news for about a week and then that would be the end of it.

His side of the story is:

AckMac advised him to upgrade his wardrobe and helped with that process over a 15 year period.

The normal university intern housing was unavailable, necessitating paying for a young female intern to have a home more expensive than most of us live in.

The $6 million Dallas home was in response to security concerns.

The $100,000/day in legal fees to a law firm that is a big donor to Democrats is fine.

North attempted to blackmail him into resigning to protect his own relationship with NRATV.

The rest is lies made up by the media.

Is any of that credible?

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    His side of the story is:

AckMac advised him to upgrade his wardrobe and helped with that process over a 15 year period.

The normal university intern housing was unavailable, necessitating paying for a young female intern to have a home more expensive than most of us live in.

The $6 million Dallas home was in response to security concerns.

The $100,000/day in legal fees to a law firm that is a big donor to Democrats is fine.

North attempted to blackmail him into resigning to protect his own relationship with NRATV.

The rest is lies made up by the media.

Is any of that credible?

Does it even matter, at this point, what anyone says? The media will ride this story out as long as they can regardless of guilt or innocence.

I'm not defending nor condemning Wayne. What I am saying is he should step aside if for no other reason than to "take the heat off" the Association.

Site Supporter
    Does it even matter, at this point, what anyone says? The media will ride this story out as long as they can regardless of guilt or innocence.

I'm not defending nor condemning Wayne. What I am saying is he should step aside if for no other reason than to "take the heat off" the Association.

There is absolutely no disagreement that WLP resigning would go a long way to restoring credibility. The problem is, it will not happen.

Every attempt by anyone in a position to do anything about the problems at the NRA has been stonewalled, including Ollie North when he was NRA President. Board members who have attempted to look into the issue have been removed from committee assignments. The bylaws are set up so that removing WLP requires a vote of 75% of the board, and most board members do not attend meetings.

It would be nice of WLP would realize that the good of the organization requires his departure, but the good of the organization is not his primary goal.

Site Supporter
    State organizations are involved in local elections. They support Senators, Reps and Governors that support the 2nd Amend. They support state legislators. The threat that is looming lately is state bans as well as federal ones. Thus, the states are very important.

Does Wayne not want to move on as now the NRA is covering current legal bills and possible future needs for legal defense? I totally agree that the honorable thing to do is move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    State organizations are involved in local elections. They support Senators, Reps and Governors that support the 2nd Amend. They support state legislators. The threat that is looming lately is state bans as well as federal ones. Thus, the states are very important.

Does Wayne not want to move on as now the NRA is covering current legal bills and possible future needs for legal defense? I totally agree that the honorable thing to do is move on.
    I think he's oblivious to reality.
    #RESIST

User Tag List