Page 61 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Site Supporter
    Received a couple of emails about the cancellation today. For anyone who purchased tickets to an event, refunds will be issued, but if you purchased through Etix, you may need to send them an email through the link on the NRA Annual Meeting website.

Site Supporter
    Saw this on a feed:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nra-l...b64ef9d36ec79b

The Washington Post story is behind a pay wall.

The National Rifle Association will cut salaries, lay off employees and cancel planned events due to the group’s floundering financial situation, which has been exacerbated by the coronavirus pandemic.

Chief Executive Wayne LaPierre told board members on Monday that the “elimination of certain positions” is in response to the outbreak of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, which has killed thousands and continues to spread across the U.S.

Along with the layoffs, hourly employees will work just four days a week, and staffers’ salaries will be cut by 20%, NPR reported.

“In addition, some senior staff members are voluntarily taking deeper cuts,” an NRA spokesperson told NPR in an emailed statement. It’s not clear how much LaPierre will stand to lose, but the Washington Post reports he will also take a 20% pay cut. (LaPierre was paid $2.1 million in 2018, according to the nonprofit’s most recent public tax filing.)

Site Supporter
    The CEO of Dicks is taking zero salary while coronavirus is shutting stores. Is it too much to ask WLP to dial back to $1.2 million while his nonprofit is in crisis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The CEO of Dicks is taking zero salary while coronavirus is shutting stores. Is it too much to ask WLP to dial back to $1.2 million while his nonprofit is in crisis?

"Assolutamente."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I just got this sleezy spam marketing email... This crap is why I wouldn't be an NRA member if we weren't up against Bloomberg's anti gun juggernaut.

NRA Member: XXX
    Member #: 000XXX
    Current Coverage:
    NRA Approved Service Plan

Overpayment Verification Code: NRAXXXX

NRA Approved Service
    NRA BENEFIT ADVISORY: POTENTIAL OVERPAYMENT

SEE HOW TO AVOID PAYING TOO MUCH

Keep reading to see how this impacts you

Dear XXX,

You made a smart money decision to protect your family and your finances when you enrolled in the NRA Approved Service Plan in 2019. That important coverage remains fully in force.

But now your NRA membership can help you do even more with your money — by avoiding overpayments on your life insurance coverage. (This can mean an extra $100.00 … $200.00 … or even more that stays right in your wallet where it belongs.)

SEE HOW BIG YOUR OVERPAYMENT MAY BE

Why Pay More Than You Need To? For Coverage That’s Usually Not Enough

Most people have life insurance through work. But it’s usually only 1 or 2 times your salary. So while that’s nice … it’s really only a start. Because 1 or 2 times your salary generally isn’t enough to take care of the bills for your family if something happened to you.

But one of the biggest issues is cost.

What if you want to add MORE coverage for your family? The price may be a sucker-punch.

After all, you’d think that coverage through your employer would come at a good rate. Too many NRA members have discovered that’s NOT the case … especially after they got an Overpayment Comparison.

USE YOUR OVERPAYMENT VERIFICATION CODE NRAXXX NOW
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Common sense would dictate that, However, if your goal is to bleed the NRA dry, then no, you continue to pump the money out..

I personally know *dozens* of restaurant owners, adjunct professors, medical volunteers, and others working for free right now for the greater good, and giving to the people who rely on them out of their own hides and pockets. Fuck WLP. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/nr...contributions/

Not good news, independent of the controversy. I feel for any employee who gets laid off and in financial trouble. No joy in this. Posted just FYI.

Site Supporter
    Not a dime until he resigns. If he had any class/heart/soul/"ganas"/feck/honor/ etc. at all given all that is going on, he would have stopped taking a salary weeks ago so as to free that money up for the others... oh wait...flawed premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/nr...contributions/

Not good news, independent of the controversy. I feel for any employee who gets laid off and in financial trouble. No joy in this. Posted just FYI.
    Ahh the irony of who wrote that damn letter. Fuck WLP.

User Tag List