Page 123 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1359

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Me too.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Heads up however.... IIRC, some ranges are INSURED under NRA policies, which may require all range members also be NRA members... I don't have any first-hand knowledge of this requirement, just an old recollection.
    The range I belonged to before I moved required NRA membership for that reason.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

FoxNews is reporting that LaPierre has resigned.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    FoxNews is reporting that LaPierre has resigned.
    Yep... cites 'health reasons' and takes effect 31 JAN, according to the article:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/way...tion-nra-chief

Crazy that it took adversarial litigation from outside to do the best thing possible for the NRA. But I'll take it!

Site Supporter
    Good first step...

Now we need the executives and the board to rewrite the bylaws in a way that protects the membership from this crap happening again. What's the chance that will happen? Hopefully better odds than the board of the Harvard Corporation appointing a new president that isn't an empty suit diversity hire.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Yep... cites 'health reasons' and takes effect 31 JAN, according to the article:
    Wonder what medical condition "Falling off the gravy train" is coded under . . .

On one hand, I'm glad to see him go. On the other, I can only imagine what kind of grifter the board puts in his place.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Wonder what medical condition "Falling off the gravy train" is coded under . . .

On one hand, I'm glad to see him go. On the other, I can only imagine what kind of grifter the board puts in his place.
    You'd think any new grifter would at least have to start at square one. You couldn't come in at Wayne's level of shamelessness.

I hope.

I suppose Cotton or Coy could fancy a run as acting CEO...you know, just for stability, and the good of the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Slips and falls are common hazards for the elderly. He should have gotten a walk-in gravy train...
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

I assume he quit now so he gets a heads up over Kari Lake in being named Trump's VP candidate.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List