Page 65 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I suspect you may be correct, tat and all.

Uhmm....No. Just no. It would signal a willingness to compromise more of our rights away. I don't think that a democrat would be in the same boat as I, in that I am in no way supportive of a single damn thing more as to "reasonable" gun control of any kind no matter how "reasonable" sounding it may be. I don't think a democrat's heart would be in true and actual compromise. Ditching the NFA anyone? How about no more 4473s? True compromise means getting something in return and the democrats don't see it that way unless they are the ones getting. If you did find one, the optics would still be wrong. It would be chumming the waters so to speak.

Absofreakingloutely! And don't forget to pair down by a minimum of two thirds. Personally I'd like to see it at 10-11'ish.
    If you continue to align gun rights groups with one party, the other party will attack it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    If you continue to align gun rights groups with one party, the other party will attack it.
    Unless their useful idiots are running around waving ARs and AKs at peaceful protests.

Any reference to noted scumbag Josh Powell should be written exactly as that, "noted scumbag Josh Powell." I'm not saying Wayne is the good guys, but Josh is a piece of shit and literally everyone hates him. A source inside the NRA told me "he didn't write that, he's not smart enough to write but he had to slap his name on something to get paid."

Of course, the real problem is that none of that matters. The book reinforces the anti-NRA narrative at a critical moment in the NRA's struggle to survive, and even if the entire book is a fabrication, it will be weaponized against the gun rights community.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Any reference to noted scumbag Josh Powell should be written exactly as that, "noted scumbag Josh Powell." I'm not saying Wayne is the good guys, but Josh is a piece of shit and literally everyone hates him. A source inside the NRA told me "he didn't write that, he's not smart enough to write but he had to slap his name on something to get paid."

Of course, the real problem is that none of that matters. The book reinforces the anti-NRA narrative at a critical moment in the NRA's struggle to survive, and even if the entire book is a fabrication, it will be weaponized against the gun rights community.
    Sure, pretty much everything awful about that guy that's ever been said is accurate, but it kind of begs the question. They knew who he was when they hired him.

As Judge Judy would say, "YOU PICKED HIM!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Sure, pretty much everything awful about that guy that's ever been said is accurate, but it kind of begs the question. They knew who he was when they hired him.

As Judge Judy would say, "YOU PICKED HIM!!!"
    You're not wrong.

So, is all this going to affect the NRA Range anytime soon?

BTW: when the NRA goes tits up, probably 90% of New Mexico CCW instructors will be decertified.
    The NRA was instrumental in getting their credentials named as the only option for civilian instructors.

Lovely... I'm pretty sure the NRA fucked over a bunch of other states with that little tidbit of self-serving bullshit as well.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    More on Powell:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/03/u...e=articleShare

In Act of Heresy, N.R.A.’s Former No. 2 Calls for Gun Control

A new book from a controversial former executive accuses the National Rifle Association of “appealing to the paranoia and darkest side of our members.”
    Reviews WLP's faults, bad programs, etc. Nothing new there. Interesting part is the claim that DJT was supportive of gun control and had to be convinced/threatened not to go along with such:

Despite the N.R.A.’s problems, its influence remains. Mr. Powell describes the organization’s officials repeatedly persuading Mr. Trump and his administration to stand down from efforts to impose gun control measures.

After the 2018 massacre of high school students in Parkland, Fla., Mr. Trump “seemed to support imposing some of the toughest new restrictions on guns in decades,” Mr. Powell writes. But the president quickly folded after a meeting with Mr. LaPierre and Chris Cox, who was then the N.R.A.’s top lobbyist.

“He was reminded who had helped elect him,” Mr. Powell writes. “After the meeting, the president did a one-eighty, completely changing his tune.”

There was a similar reversal by the president after mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, in the summer of 2019. Mr. Powell helped prepare Mr. LaPierre for a call with Mr. Trump, during which Mr. LaPierre told the president “the membership would go wild” if he moved forward with background check legislation.

“That happened in the Bush years, and our people just didn’t come out in the same way,” Mr. LaPierre told the president, who once again backed down.
    This goes along with the story that the bump stock ban was used to divert DJT and some of the GOP from going along with a total AWB after Las Vegas.

Site Supporter
    Powell's going to be on TV. ABC and I assume the others: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nra-...posts_card_hed

User Tag List