Page 16 of 136 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Site Supporter

I have, by my count in this thread and via PMs - 11 takers on my offer (including one for @Stephanie B, I figure last week is close 'nuff for government work).

That's $110 to SAF + $50 for my own 5-year membership.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 8.38.17 PM.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  46.7 KB

I joined SAF because of this thread. Can't say I was familiar with them prior to today.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    When this nonsense first started coming out in public, I thought North was part of the problem. I now realize that this impression was incorrect. As best I can tell, it appears that North tried to do the best he could with a bad situation.

Regarding the legal fees, I wonder if whoever is approving these payments could be getting a kickback?
    I am very prone to seeing grander schemes behind every bush when petty, venial sin is sufficient explanation... But I wonder if they’re afraid they’re about to loose tax exempt status and don’t want to have anything in the bank when they do. OTOH, they’re still trying to sell me life insurance, affinity programs, duffle bags, and all the rest on a daily basis.

Well it made the front page of CNN today

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/19/polit...ign/index.html

I've been donating to SAF for about 4 years now. Mostly because I was impressed with their ability to stop AG legislation in court. They don't do PAC stuff like the NRA does (did) but go to the state and federal courts to get onerous AG legislation overturned. They've done some pretty amazing work even in the supreme court. I wish everyone knew how effective they actually are without attracting the negative press the NRA gets for their dumb shit mismanagement of members money.

SAF is an RKBA sleeper cell for sure. They deserve your support.
    Last edited by Borderland; 07-20-2019 at 11:30 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Nothing wrong with being a career lobbyist, particularly when the career is lobbying for our cause. The problem arises when he does not act in the best interest of us or the NRA.

North was involved in the only scandal in history in which the participants did not participate for their own financial gain, but instead took risks for something they viewed as more iimportant than themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I always thought North was a stand up guy. I noticed he took the heat for people much higher up in the adm. They had to let him go or go on up the chain of command. No bueno.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Well it made the front page of CNN today

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/19/polit...ign/index.html
    CNN is far from my favorite news source, but they made one good point: all of the disgruntled NRA members are not the slightest bit less pro-gun, and will vote accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    If progun folks vote accordingly, the weakens the position that the NRA is our totally necessary savior and thus don't criticize or want competence. The candidates can make the point and you can send your money to them directly instead of Wayne's world.

Save the Second - NRA Bylaw Amendments

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Save the Second is a new non-profit dedicated to reforming the NRA. Read Tiffany's blogpost I linked above. Go to Sign the Petitions – Save the Second and follow the instructions there to sign the petition for bylaws changes.
    I started a new thread on this bylaw amendment petition. Hope y'all will add your signatures. Here's the thread if you're interested.

Thanks!
    Tiff
    www.CitizensSafety.com | www.CitizensSafetyOnline.com
    | Learn more. Plan well. Fear less.|

User Tag List