Page 33 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    +10.........Only there for the notoriety and potential to make money from it. Like other bod members who are bailing, the issue is not that they disagree with the direction of the nra, but are worried about current and upcoming lawsuits naming them....
    It is already too late to avoid that if that is the direction this is going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

So now we’re ripping Julie G? I’ve never met her, but there are a number of members here who have, and she seems to be well liked. I think I remember threads here noting her run for the board, and recommending marking her on our ballots, which I was glad to do based on the people recommending, and the reasoning. That she didn’t even get through her first term before deciding to leave is telling. Most of the BOD got Cs from dell’Aquilla. To get an A or F, one had to be there long enough to stake a claim.

I think the things I was led to believe about Julie G in the run up were born out in her response to Tiffany J, as well.

TL;DR I’m more inclined to focus stink eye on anyone NOT resigning right now. Time *may* tell...
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 08-13-2019 at 12:09 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    If I or my family ever have the chance to learn how to shoot better from Julie, I am making sure we take it.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    If I or my family ever have the chance to learn how to shoot better from Julie, I am making sure we take it.

Her hubby wouldn't be a bad guy to get some pointers from either.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

Julie's inaction's as a nra bod member to speak out against wlp and other nra issues have no relevance to her shooting personality, abilities, etc.

Quitting now when the crap is hitting the fan vs. stepping up to help right the organization says a lot about why she was there and her getting out before lawsuits are in full swing.

Of course the same can be said for many other scurrying former bod members....
    Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; 08-13-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    The members of the NRA will decide what the standards should be, not the unwashed masses who vote.
    When the organization is a non-profit organized under the laws of a state, that state has something to say about what the standards should be. If a NPO's membership is OK with the BoD or upper management enriching themselves at the expense of the NPO, the state AG may not be fine with it. Or, for that matter, the IRS.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Julie's inaction's as a nra bod member to speak out against wlp and other nra issues have no relevance to her shooting personality, abilities, etc.

Quitting now when the crap is hitting the fan vs. stepping up to help right the organization says a lot about why she was there and her getting out before lawsuits are in full swing.

Let’s take a step back here.

A proper chain of command for companies and nonprofits is thus. You have a Board of Directors, a body of leaders who represent the interests of the investors/ owners and oversee the management team. Said management is the President, CEO, CFO, et al.

What’s happened with the NRA is a corporate coup d’etat, if you will. The executive team has clearly operated with no oversight from the NRA BoD, and in fact the board indirectly answered to WLP. We know this from what former board members have stated in previous resignation letters.

It is clear that the NRA board was structured to be ineffective at its primary job of guiding the organization -part of which involves oversight of org management (read WLP). I suspect Julie Golob had the same practical influence on WLPs actions as myself- zero.

So long as the current Board has no authority to dismiss WLP and his cronies, the NRA is broken as an organization. This is not getting into the separate topic of what subpoenas and charges the NY AG may be considering for former and current board members. Depending on how that investigation shakes out, Julie Golob and the former BoD may very well get to speak out - as witnesses.

One thing about this is clear- the topic of what any specific board member could do about the NRAs issues is at best uncertain, and at worst pure speculation. Slandering Julie Golob or any other board members involvement without evidence is exactly the kind of “fake news” so many here decry.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter

I considered running for the board myself. I decided against it because the bylaws require 75% of the board to remove WLP. The bylaws are specifically set up to avoid oversight and protect WLP.

There is very little she could have done by staying. She accomplished more by quitting and further publicizing the issue, despite how diplomatically she did so.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Have you ever stood up in the face of an impending government civil/criminal investigation and said: "Bring it, copper."

Do you think that those board members have a hundred grand (or multiples thereof) sitting around with which to pay for lawyers?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    When the organization is a non-profit organized under the laws of a state, that state has something to say about what the standards should be. If a NPO's membership is OK with the BoD or upper management enriching themselves at the expense of the NPO, the state AG may not be fine with it. Or, for that matter, the IRS.
    Do you honestly think the state of NY is going to prosecute anyone affiliated with the NRA? I think that's probably a bunch of political grandstanding by the NY AG. We have an AG that loves the political limelight as well. As a matter of fact he sued the Trump administration a number of times. His name figures prominently in everyone of these lawsuits.

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/201...has-sued-trump

I'm not going to count them all but they were all politically motivated to cause damage to the Trump adm. Same deal with the NRA/Trump alliance. Probably why Trump is now distancing himself from the NRA. The NRA just isn't a useful tool for him any longer.
    Last edited by Borderland; 08-13-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List