Page 124 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1359

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Unlocked WSJ article just now...I was not aware he had paid back some of his grifting.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

This reminds me that I've always wondered why Pete Brownell resigned as President. He stated it took too much of his time but you'd think he knew the demands of the job going in, especially since he runs a pretty darned big business himself.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

It seems like the entire NRA Foundation has maybe 10 people and a service dog on staff these days. Maybe they can revitalize that part of the organization now. A couple of Wayne-Os suits would finance a lot of postal matches.

I suspect this is a tactical move to get leniency. Yes I am cynical. The board has committed malfeasance with their poor oversight and not following the law or NRAs own internal policies. The rot is deep. They ALL have to go to fix this. ALL of them. And their lawyer. I am not sure it can be saved.

https://onlygunsandmoney.com/2024/01...e-resigns.html
    Last edited by Eric_L; 01-05-2024 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    This reminds me that I've always wondered why Pete Brownell resigned as President. He stated it took too much of his time but you'd think he knew the demands of the job going in, especially since he runs a pretty darned big business himself.
    That was his public excuse. Of course he knew. Probably other things going on. That’s why people who resign under less than honorable conditions usually say they are leaving to spend more time with their family. Brownell’s excuse is a riff on that……speaking of which, my family needs me so I’m outta this thread! 😀

In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I assume he quit now so he gets a heads up over Kari Lake in being named Trump's VP candidate.
    Ugh, reading that made me physically shudder.

So are all the "not another dime" crowd going to change their tune now the he's out?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    So are all the "not another dime" crowd going to change their tune now the he's out?

I most likely will, depending on how the board deals with the underlying issues.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I most likely will, depending on how the board deals with the underlying issues.
    Charlie Cotton will be stepping in. I believe he's a member here. I can't remember his user name.

User Tag List