Page 17 of 136 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Tiff, why don't you just start a new organization..."Tiffany's Epiphany"...and let it grow (grassroots) from there?

I'm just not all that sanguine about the ability of the NRA to survive the challenges of its own ponderous weight.

Have you had much interaction or personal experience with the SAF? Thoughts? Experiences?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany Johnson View Post
    I started a new thread on this bylaw amendment petition. Hope y'all will add your signatures. Here's the thread if you're interested.

Thanks!
    Tiff
    I've got the first one printed out and am getting signatures.
    at the number of people I know who aren't sure if they're eligible to vote...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Tiff, why don't you just start a new organization..."Tiffany's Epiphany"...and let it grow (grassroots) from there?

I'm just not all that sanguine about the ability of the NRA to survive the challenges of its own ponderous weight.

Have you had much interaction or personal experience with the SAF? Thoughts? Experiences?
    You're too cute. [emoji4] Believe me, I'm the last person who needs to be starting up a national organization. But thanks for the vote of confidence!

I'm a member of SAF. I think they're great. But I think their influence is pretty limited to the courts (where they've done fabulous work).

I haven't quite made up my mind that the NRA is dead, but I plan to reassess after the September board meeting. I think we'll learn a lot more about the NRA's prognosis from what happens there.

www.FrontSightPress.com
    www.CitizensSafety.com
    www.Rangemaster.com
    www.CitizensSafety.com | www.CitizensSafetyOnline.com
    | Learn more. Plan well. Fear less.|

Any pointers on where to find my Life member number? So I can sign the petition.

If it is on the magazine mailing label, which one is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Any pointers on where to find my Life member number? So I can sign the petition.

Name:  simple_mag_label.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  6.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Name:  simple_mag_label.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  6.8 KB
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post

Also, the petition instructions tell you several ways to find your number. Thanks!

http://www.savethe2a.org/petitions/

www.FrontSightPress.com
    www.CitizensSafety.com
    www.Rangemaster.com
    www.CitizensSafety.com | www.CitizensSafetyOnline.com
    | Learn more. Plan well. Fear less.|

Wow. I've apparently been out of the loop. I had no idea about any of this... The NRA, to me, has long been an ineffective organization that does more to give gun owners a bad name than it does to help them.

This, paired with where the NRA has taken their public image in the past decade or two lead me to think that it's time to let the beast die and look for another lobbying and legal ally. They are reviled by not just anti-gunners, but also many firearms owners/activists who are historically not members. I think clinging to their name or the membership they have catered to is a non-starter in 2019...

...but hey, that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    If progun folks vote accordingly, the weakens the position that the NRA is our totally necessary savior and thus don't criticize or want competence. The candidates can make the point and you can send your money to them directly instead of Wayne's world.
    So you're saying the NRA hasn't done anything?

Site Supporter
    How did you get that out of what I said? I was saying that there are other means to support the RKBA besides having the NRA as the sole agent of the argument. One can directly influence your legislators.

The NRA as the sole agent is put forward to excuse or allow unacceptable behavior or not criticizing their positions when they go out of their lane on political issues.

Thus, the NRA must be accepted as our only true Savior is not empirically true and is not a reason for accepting the current crew as irreplaceable.

The past is all well and good but if you screw up now, the past doesn't make you immune to evaluation of your current actions.

As I have said before, if you are true to the cause and your continued 'leadership' lacks a significant proportion of the support, you are less important than the cause. Only hubris, delusion or greed makes one think that they are irreplaceable. A person of commitment to the cause or honor would not engage in self-serving acrimony.

User Tag List