Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136
Results 1,351 to 1,359 of 1359

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I haven't got one yet. Should it be here by now?
    I got mine 2+ weeks ago...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I vote for putting @joshs in charge.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    If you didn't already get through to membership, let me know, and I'll see if I can help.

Yes, if you're eligible to vote, then you should receive a magazine with a ballot.
    Who is eligible to vote? We have had multiple year memberships in the past. Ours was going to run out early this year but we renewed for 1 year before it expired. We didn't get ballots.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Who is eligible to vote? We have had multiple year memberships in the past. Ours was going to run out early this year but we renewed for 1 year before it expired. We didn't get ballots.
    Any level of life membership or any member with five consecutive years of membership with no lapses.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Any level of life membership or any member with five consecutive years of membership with no lapses.
    Thanks for all you do.

I guess we should have gotten ballots then, but we haven't yet.

Site Supporter
    I've been an NRA member for decades. I think my membership my have expired. They didn't send me a new card when I renewed in 2021. I was a member of the Texas Concealed Handgun forum for years. Technically still am, but can't log in because I can't get a password reset. Charles Cotton runs (owns?) it. He allows NO criticism of the NRA. Tech support of the forum is absolutely nonexistent. If this is the leadership of the NRA, I'm not sure the NRA is salvageable.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I've been an NRA member for decades. I think my membership my have expired. They didn't send me a new card when I renewed in 2021. I was a member of the Texas Concealed Handgun forum for years. Technically still am, but can't log in because I can't get a password reset. Charles Cotton runs (owns?) it. He allows NO criticism of the NRA. Tech support of the forum is absolutely nonexistent. If this is the leadership of the NRA, I'm not sure the NRA is salvageable.
    https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic....rt=15#p1337359
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    There are not a lot of outdoor range's that go out to 400 yards where I live.
    Thinking of joining this one which is 55 mins from my home but the one thing stopping me is this.

Requirements to Join:
    1. One time $200 application and $200 annual dues. (Annual dues will be prorated quarterly.) Renewals are due January 1 every year. Make checks payable to MTSA and send them to P.O. Box 8846, Gallatin, Tennessee 37066.

2. ​Proof of NRA Membership. You need ONE of the following:

NRA Card

Label off your NRA magazine

Receipt from NRA if you signed up on the web at NRA.org

You can also join the NRA at orientation.

Talked to a guy who is a member he told me the owners are old school NRA and will make no expectations.
    I was a long time NRA member till 2 years ago .... I now support GOA. the money to join the NRA is not my issue it's that POS leader of it and the clowns who back him.

I am 90% sure I will not join the range at this point which sucks because I have been bitten by the AR bug and want to try my hand at longer ranges... 400 yards is not that far for some but it's better than 25 meters.
    Found a place that's 5 miles from my house no NRA membership needed.
    I am glad because I will never give the NRA another penny of my money for letting what happened go on for so long.
    https://deerhollowfirearmstraining.com/index.php/blog/

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Seems that WLP's hitting the bricks didn't stop the trough-snuffling.

Must be nice to get 300 grand a year for not much work.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List