Page 106 of 137 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1363

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

From my point of view the NRA has made three huge mistakes in the what, last 20 years:

1. Allowing corruption to get it's tentacles entangled into the top of the executive structure.

2. Not crushing it out of existence when first discovered.

3. Not crushing it out of existence when first discovered.

Theft and corruption suck resources away from all the beneficial areas and aspects of whatever you're doing. Money and otherwise. This is why this country spends soooooo freaking much every year.

Apologists are just as complicit as the criminals themselves. And just as disgusting.

Catshooter: if you look at the changes the BOD have made to the nomination process, etc. It is kind of hard to believe that they aren't marginally involved.

I've given money to other 2A organizations, at least one of which seems to just be an effort to keep family members employed. At this point my question is which organization is best posed to take over/pick up the ILA if the NRA goes belly up?

Might it be the NSSF?
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Catshooter: if you look at the changes the BOD have made to the nomination process, etc. It is kind of hard to believe that they aren't marginally involved.

I've given money to other 2A organizations, at least one of which seems to just be an effort to keep family members employed. At this point my question is which organization is best posed to take over/pick up the ILA if the NRA goes belly up?

Might it be the NSSF?
    I take it you are talking about the Doer brothers of Ohio Gun Owners among others? They are certainly good at social media which the NRA does have a lot of room for improvement in. The NRA-ILA has so much more funding and clout that it has a bigger war chest than the next 5 or so 2A organizations combined. I think NRA ILA has 50 plus full time staffers and GOA for example has fewer than 10. I have wondered the same, who can pick up the slack if NRA ILA collapses. There does not seem to be any other groups even close. I fear with the collapse of NRA ILA we will lose a lot of ground and reclamation we have made over the last 30 plus years before anything can even begin to come in to pick up the slack and with the Bloomberg Money around these days the anti gun groups will become the big force to be reckoned with in DC.

I agree @DanLehr. Dubious at best.

The danger to the nation if the NRA/ILA collapses is enormous. And I don't think it's a case of "if". Sometimes when there's a little smoke, it just may be a smoke screen. But when it looks like the cloud that was over East Palestine not so much.

For who to pick up the slack I'm hoping (and pining my hopes on) the GOA.

There is so much at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Yes. I agree. Thank you Josh and your team for your work.

But I will donate and support GOA, SAF and VCDL. Not a dime to the NRA until WLP and most of the BOD is gone.
    I think GOA, SAF, and local leagues are pissing in the wind.

2A does not rise to my charitable threshold very often, but if I get the urge I direct donate to the ILA, because they're at least mostly separate, and they are effective.

Holy shit are there more important things going on than gun rights.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I think GOA, SAF, and local leagues are pissing in the wind.

2A does not rise to my charitable threshold very often, but if I get the urge I direct donate to the ILA, because they're at least mostly separate, and they are effective.

Holy shit are there more important things going on than gun rights.
    Mmm. There are certainly important things happening in the USA right now, but I would rank gun rights up near the top of the list. Not necessarily the top, but near it. Helping us out with contributions doesn't require you to not help with other things, unless you just don't have the resources. If so, I understand completely.

But we can use all the help we can get.

For people railing against the NRA, would you have preferred that the NRA cease existing the moment Wayne LaPiere took executive office in 1991 (I believe)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    For people railing against the NRA, would you have preferred that the NRA cease existing the moment Wayne LaPiere took executive office in 1991 (I believe)?
    Don't be ridiculous. I'm sure very few of us want the NRA gone. I sure don't. Back when it was 'our' NRA it accomplished many wonderful things. That was before that asshole took it over.

Now the moment Wayne took over, if he could have disapeared . . . yeah, that would have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    For who to pick up the slack I'm hoping (and pining my hopes on) the GOA.
    I used to support the GOA until I discovered its affinity for white christian nationalism. The 2AF now gets my money instead

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I used to support the GOA until I discovered its affinity for white christian nationalism. The 2AF now gets my money instead
    Source?

User Tag List