Page 77 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Site Supporter
    This is a pretty good explanation of what is going on with takes from multiple bankruptcy attorneys. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tex...tcy-fraud/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    This is a pretty good explanation of what is going on with takes from multiple bankruptcy attorneys. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tex...tcy-fraud/amp/
    Thanks for this, @joshs .
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I work for a company recently exiting bankruptcy in TX courts... they’re definitely friendly to the process.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I've been an annual member for a very long time. When it times out at the end of the year, I'm hoofing it. That even a nickel of my dues is going to pay for WLP's bespoke suits and his bizjet travel is a nicket too much.
    As I've wondered before; how much of the news regarding LaPierre is true and how much of it is a brainwashing effort by Big Media?

When the chief thief himself comes out and says, "We will defeat the NRA" I think we have our answer.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    The media certainly brainwashed Col. North. Yep, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The media certainly brainwashed Col. North. Yep, indeed.
    And Chris Cox left too. But is there more to the story?

As I said earlier in this thread; Wayne departing from the NRA would be a good thing if for no other reason that to take some of the media heat off. Unfortunately that doesn't look like it'll happen.

Anyway, I guess my point is that now is not the time to fold the tent on NRA. We have a very tough fight ahead. Save the 2nd and worry about replacing LaPierre later.

Also, didn't North saw something about so called assault rifles? I believe he said people who want an AR15 should join the Marine Corps....

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Anyway, I guess my point is that now is not the time to fold the tent on NRA. We have a very tough fight ahead. Save the 2nd and worry about replacing LaPierre later.
    We'd better find a way to save the 1st while we're at it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    We'd better find a way to save the 1st while we're at it.
    Yep.

Site Supporter
    We shouldn't fold the tent on the NRA. I've worked with a couple of the upper level folks and they were gentlepeople and helpful. However, leaders need to realize when they are detrimental to the cause and act to correct that. You can defend yourself for a bit but even if you think you are righteous, you have to go.

A new leadership and perhaps an orientation to the RKBA that doesn't necessitate an obsequious pandering to one politician (flame on) would be a step towards progress.

My lastest Shooting Illustrated made me shake my head. WLP had a denunciation of violence which sounded like a comment on Jan. 6 , except the previous context made it clear he was playing the BLM, Portland, Seattle card - however, it's embarrassing. The pseudo-president was jabbering about fraud in the election. I know folks still think so, but it's delusional and counterproductive.

So folks need to understand this, there is a clear dissociation between the organization/cause and leadership. A political party can redeem itself. Look at Nixon - didn't mean the end of the GOP. I don't think WLP is an asset in defending the NRA or RKBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    As I've wondered before; how much of the news regarding LaPierre is true and how much of it is a brainwashing effort by Big Media?

There shouldn't be a problem answering this question. If an org has appropriate financial transparency, disproving an accusation of something like a one time $30,000 clothing purchase at Beverly Hills should take five minutes.
    Their silence on this matter is pretty loud.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List