Page 101 of 136 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1359

Thread: The Shit Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I'm thinking that maybe Step 1 might get done after this court decision, maybe.

Steps 2 through 4 will be harder. I got kind of a chuckle at the thread that was asking who do you like for the NRA board. Because of the way they (the board) have redone the bylaws there is a pretty good chance that anyone nominated is going to be a team player in Wayne's World.

Kind of like thinking that Russia will turn around once Putin's gone. Nope, his cadre will still be around and they will be looking after their own interests.
    The DeWayneification of the NRA will be a difficult project.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    A NY court has now ruled that the state attorney general cannot seek to dissolve the NRA, but can seek to oust WLP for using the organization for personal gain.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/nr...02/id/1059323/

This is the first time I have liked the direction things are going for the NRA since this mess became public. Getting rid of WLP and any other corrupt individuals while leaving the organization intact would leave it stronger than before this whole thing began. Letitia James may find that instead of damaging or destroying the NRA, she has strengthened it in the long term.
    @joshs can certainly correct me if I am wrong -- I always thought this was a National Democrat Party move to try to dissolve an entity that provides much needed support to mostly Republican candidates. Now that Ms. Letitia cannot dissolve the entity, it seems our NRA won the war with Wayne and company perhaps becoming casualties. Like Steph says, DeWayneification may be difficult. All in all, the court's ruling is great news. Thanks for sharing Bill!
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Now that Ms. Letitia cannot dissolve the entity, it seems our NRA won the war with Wayne and company perhaps becoming casualties. Like Steph says, DeWayneification may be difficult.
    WLP has clearly operated on the assumption that "Le NRA, c'est moi." If half of the allegations are accurate, he is one corrupt individual who has blatantly used the organization for his own benefit.

I don't see how this ends without criminal charges.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Will this make Wayne a martyr to the masses who've not followed, or cared about, allegations of his...exuberances with NRA money?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Looking for something else and noticed this. Don't recall seeing it here.

Video Leaks Of NRA's Wayne LaPierre Missing His Mark On Elephant Hunt

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    @joshs can certainly correct me if I am wrong -- I always thought this was a National Democrat Party move to try to dissolve an entity that provides much needed support to mostly Republican candidates. Now that Ms. Letitia cannot dissolve the entity, it seems our NRA won the war with Wayne and company perhaps becoming casualties. Like Steph says, DeWayneification may be difficult. All in all, the court's ruling is great news. Thanks for sharing Bill!
    Well, what's the point of that from their perspective? If they can't kneecap the organization politically, then we might be done here. The more ineffectual bloat and graft in the NRA, the better they like it.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Will this make Wayne a martyr to the masses who've not followed, or cared about, allegations of his...exuberances with NRA money?
    From my interactions with guys I see wearing NRA hats, or with NRA stickers on their vehicles, your reference 'to the masses' is correct. The ones I've talked with don't have a clue.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The DeWayneification of the NRA will be a difficult project.
    Money. Money is a powerful lever. Use the Civil Code to go after everyone (legal or natural) who has received money from the NRA while Wayne was in charge. Challenge their income from the NRA. Make them prove the income received was appropriate under the circumstances. Then challenge the circumstances. Harry them until they flee.

DeWayneification, indeed.

Evidently some in the NRA appear to be encouraging lieutenant colonel Allen West to challenge Wayne LaPierre. This could be promising if it develops into something. I suspect it will take someone with national level credentials and influence to present a compelling challenge to Wayne.

https://mobile.twitter.com/allenwest...03941292769280

Site Supporter

User Tag List