Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Last Of The Breed: Marine Corps M45A1

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Just needed the right conditions...

So did the M45A1 function as a direct successor to the M45 meusoc pistol? Would that make the 1911 in continuous service since 1911 in some limited/niche capacity?

That has to be some sort of record.
    Yes. Until this year... 1911 to 2021( in a limited capacity).
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Transition to M18 underway...end of an era.
    A U.S. Marine with Force Reconnaissance Company, 2nd Reconnaissance Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, prepares to fire during a live-fire range on Camp Lejeune, N.C., Sept. 9, 2021. Members of the Marine Corps Shooting Team supervised a range to provide specialized knowledge and feedback for Force Reconnaissance Company to further mastery of weapons techniques. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Lance Cpl. Jacqueline C. Arre)
    http://instagram.com/p/CU22P7JMsmv/

http://instagram.com/p/CU11hhEM7Bx/

http://instagram.com/p/CU02Jq1Kzsi/
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Transition to M18 underway...end of an era.
    A U.S. Marine with Force Reconnaissance Company, 2nd Reconnaissance Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, prepares to fire during a live-fire range on Camp Lejeune, N.C., Sept. 9, 2021. Members of the Marine Corps Shooting Team supervised a range to provide specialized knowledge and feedback for Force Reconnaissance Company to further mastery of weapons techniques. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Lance Cpl. Jacqueline C. Arre)
    http://instagram.com/p/CU22P7JMsmv/

http://instagram.com/p/CU11hhEM7Bx/

http://instagram.com/p/CU02Jq1Kzsi/
    I carried my g19 for 10 years at sea after I got out so I get it but this still makes me sad

Perfect video for the July 4th weekend. 'Murica.

M45A1 still in use as of June 15th, 2022:

@JSGlock34 @rcbusmc24
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Perfect video for the July 4th weekend. 'Murica.

M45A1 still in use as of June 15th, 2022:

@JSGlock34 @rcbusmc24
    Cool video - thanks for sharing. @TGS - how's your M45A1 running? Admittedly my 1911 does not see as much use anymore since I've gone to the Staccato; I greatly benefit from the RDS these days.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Cool video - thanks for sharing. @TGS - how's your M45A1 running? Admittedly my 1911 does not see as much use anymore since I've gone to the Staccato; I greatly benefit from the RDS these days.
    A-ok. I shoot it once every few months. My current girlfriend is an immigrant that grew up around guns (police) but has never handled a gun and wants to learn how to shoot, so maybe we'll take it out this weekend!

I check media a few times a year. Last was July...so, I'm a few months late but still wanted to add this.

M45A1 still in use as of September 24th, 2022, as indicated by the older Safariland 6004 and stainless 1911 mags. Possibly the last deployment, every other MRF seems to have transitioned.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjY74Cnq_oF/

I'm going to throw this here since it's an obvious clone and likely not to generate enough interest to warrant its own thread.

The Raider, by TISAS. The M45A1 on a Turkish budget, MSRP is about half that of the M45A1.

Name:  signal-2023-01-13-07-07-33-449.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  74.0 KB

Previously the only M45A1'ish clone that you could get was the Kimber Desert Warrior. There's several reasons I find this interesting, because it looks like they made an actual effort to build their own M45A1. Trigger guard undercut, front cocking serrations, 3-dot Novak's, and the grips are even pretty close to the actual Colt M45A1. FDE isn't the correct color, but I guess it's close enough.

Most notably, they went through the trouble of actually using a 1913 pic rail instead of a universal rail, and even beefed it up. It's thicker that most railed frames, and likely will only fit an M45A1 holster. It's not quite as thick and beefed up as the actual Colt M45A1, but that's pretty cool they went through that effort.

Lastly, the easter eggs...it's stamped "Raider", a clear nod to the Marine Raiders, albeit they only used the M45A1 for a couple years. Next it's even got the "U.S." rollmark on the frame over the light rail, similar to the actual gun. I'm curious to see what's on the other side.

If you've wanted an M45A1 just to scratch an itch but haven't been able to justify the price, this might be your ticket. Thanks to @Kyle Reese for pointing this out to me.

Based on this thread, I meandered over to the Tisas website...always a dangerous activity. Anyone here got any significant with the Tisas 1911s? How's their quality, assemble, QC, accuracy, durability, etc.?

I'll admit to being a tad tempted by their 9mm Tank Commander; if they're at all decent, seems to be a pretty inexpensive way to get into the 9mm commander door...

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Based on this thread, I meandered over to the Tisas website...always a dangerous activity. Anyone here got any significant with the Tisas 1911s? How's their quality, assemble, QC, accuracy, durability, etc.?

I'll admit to being a tad tempted by their 9mm Tank Commander; if they're at all decent, seems to be a pretty inexpensive way to get into the 9mm commander door...

Best, Jon
    TGS and I are heading to the range tomorrow to break in my brand new 5” 1911 9mm made by TISAS. I’ll report back and let everyone know how it went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List