Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New summer goodness from Tony

New summer goodness from Tony

It's always good when I get a package from JM Kydex, and this was no exception. AIWB in Orange see inside for my 3" K-frame. K Frame started life as 4" 64-8, cut to 3", convert to DAO, and a couple other items. All work done by http://www.baysidecustomgunworks.net/. Did an excellent job. Wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

Name:  IMG_0574.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  27.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_0575.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  25.1 KB

Details on the holster options you chose as well what your Smith did please.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Nice
    Name:  KIMG1320.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  32.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Details on the holster options you chose as well what your Smith did please.
    AIWB with mid guard and small wedge. Orange see-inside, which I think is going to be my new standard as it makes it really easy to clear for any obstructions before re-holstering. I realize there is a vast difference between a DAO revolver and my Glock's, but I'm trying to build good habits. Holster arrived Saturday, I just kind of guessed on wedge pad placement, put it on and except for sleeping, I haven't taken it off. Super comfy, super concealable. But, then again, Tony always hits it out of the park.

Model 64-8 4", since it had the two piece barrel, we had to source a different one piece for it. Cut new crown. Cut in a Novak dove tail, regulated the front sight for my carry load. Also shoots 130 gr. HST's to POA/POI. I only took an inch off, but it is true, there is something magical about a 3" K frame. DAO only with hammer bob, Chamfer cylinder, bead blast frame, not cylinder. The bead blasting kind of smoothed over any frame end roughness, almost like a slight carry bevel. Also, cleaned up the innards a bit, no lightening, just smoothing. The boots came from a member here, they have a nice bevel on the bottom, really lets cover garments slide right across them.

My smith was great to work with, exceptional work, responsive, and a timely turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    It's always good when I get a package from JM Kydex, and this was no exception. AIWB in Orange see inside for my 3" K-frame. K Frame started life as 4" 64-8, cut to 3", convert to DAO, and a couple other items. All work done by http://www.baysidecustomgunworks.net/. Did an excellent job. Wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

Name:  IMG_0574.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  27.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_0575.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  25.1 KB
    What front sight? Gold bead?

Just a Novak blade filed to the right height. The black makes an excellent contrast. I wanted it as low profile and snag free as possible. It's no Dayton special, but it was never meant to be. And it is much faster and more accurate for me than the fixed sight that it replaced.

ETA: This was planned to be my " Shit!, I didn't know that old bastard was carrying" gun.
    Last edited by wvincent; 07-01-2019 at 08:37 PM.

Sweet rig! I have been using a JMCK "George" to tote around my 4" Model 10 and my 2.75" 66-8. It is well made and comfortable, and I have purchased several other JM products since.
    I love the work done on your 64 as well. Would like to own something similar.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by swampyank33 View Post
    Sweet rig! I have been using a JMCK "George" to tote around my 4" Model 10 and my 2.75" 66-8. It is well made and comfortable, and I have purchased several other JM products since.
    I love the work done on your 64 as well. Would like to own something similar.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Thanks. For what the base gun cost me, and the custom work that was done later, it wasn't too far past what buying a GOOD used 3" K Frame would have cost. I have no regrets going the route I did. I got exactly what I wanted. My smith was really good about it, he actually talked me out of a couple of ideas that in hindsight don't add to the package.

I don't recognize the grips - what are you running on that?

Quote Originally Posted by rm06 View Post
    I don't recognize the grips - what are you running on that?
    Not sure exactly what they are, but @Lon would know.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

User Tag List