Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harry's Icon Holster

I posted this comment in Hizzie's thread over in the revolver section as well...but figured it was germane here too:

Got the "Icon" today for my S&W 642. Fit is more than acceptable, as is retention. I decided to move the clip to the canted position and it seems to tuck the grip into my torso just a bit better than the straight up and down fitment it is shipped with.

Very nice minimalist holster. Doesn't seem to require a wedge and is very comfortable as it barely reaches the inguinal crease when seated.

Can't see the J's grip (with OEM rubber Hogue) under a t-shirt. The narrower clip allows me to get the holster slightly further over toward the hip than with the DSG, (my go-to), and that seems to make a difference with these Duluth pants / shorts and their belt loop position, thicker material and rise compared to my 5.11 gear.

The 5.11 pants and shorts are noticeably easier for me to carry AIWB without telltale signs. This Icon holster is a big help with the DTC clothing in that regard. That alone makes the purchase worthwhile.

Recommended.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Order placed. I've been eyeing this one for a couple months. Harry informed me of a new version in the works so I held off. I saw a post that said he's a good ways off because of some cnc issue.

Now to retire the 43 and get another j frame
    Last edited by Mirolynmonbro; 07-05-2019 at 06:32 PM.

I've continued to use and enjoy mine, although I'm still looking to retrofit some sort of claw or similar to tuck the grip.

More good info on the Icon.... https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Icon%94-Thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I've continued to use and enjoy mine, although I'm still looking to retrofit some sort of claw or similar to tuck the grip.

More good info on the Icon.... https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Icon%94-Thread
    What are you using it with clothing wise? I've found claws don't help much on drawstring type pants/shorts as the elastic waistband usually rides up over the claw, eliminating the tuck you would normally gain from a claw. If sweats or boardshorts aren't what your using it for then disregard.
    Last edited by Up1911Fan; 07-11-2019 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    What are you using it with clothing wise? I've found claws don't help much on drawstring type pants/shorts as the elastic waistband usually rides up over the claw, eliminating the tuck you would normally gain from a claw. If sweats or boardshorts aren't what your using it for then disregard.
    Not worried about concealment for shorts with a drawstring, because I don't normally wear those outside the house other than doing yard work. I'm looking for a bit more concealment as a belt holster, and that's likely due to the CTC LG-305 grips I have on my 638. Probably wouldn't need the extra tuck with a boot grip.

User Tag List