Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Harry’s Holsters “Icon” Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Anyone tried the Icon 2.0 from Harry's? It looks nice but the price increase from the original Icon has my head spinning.
    I have an Icon 1.0 (J frame) but never really warmed up to it. The Icon 2.0 is significantly better. I have production J frame and LCR models. I also have a prototype 3” 856. I have pics n video on my IG.

What specific questions do you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I have an Icon 1.0 (J frame) but never really warmed up to it. The Icon 2.0 is significantly better. I have production J frame and LCR models. I also have a prototype 3” 856. I have pics n video on my IG.

What specific questions do you have?
    Where have you wound up with 2" LCR holsters? Still using the Icon 2.0 or prefer something else?

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Where have you wound up with 2" LCR holsters? Still using the Icon 2.0 or prefer something else?
    It’s a toss up between the Icon 2.0 and DSG Apollo. I have a Phlster City Special on an Enigma Express that hasn’t seen much use. Just received the Hamre Forge LCR grips. Haven’t even installed them yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    It’s a toss up between the Icon 2.0 and DSG Apollo. I have a Phlster City Special on an Enigma Express that hasn’t seen much use. Just received the Hamre Forge LCR grips. Haven’t even installed them yet.
    My Hamre Forge grips should be here Wednesday. I'm as interested in the grip angle as I am the hook. Hope it points more like my autos.

I'm really up in the air about holster selection. This Sunday, I decided to give my original Enigma another shot for a very specific purpose; I rigged it up with a generic LCR holster and wore it Appendix Outside Waist Band under a light jacket. It was the most comfortable method I've yet tried for running longer distances. I ran 16 miles and quite literally forgot I had it on for a time. Finished with a very fast 3/4 mile interval run up a hill for maximum heart rate and there was surprisingly little movement of the gun. I'd previously been using the Hill People Gear kit bag. I think the kit bag is going to wind up in the closet that the Enigma had been relegated to. Wish I'd have tried the Enigma for running earlier.

I'll probably wind up with an Enigma Express and sport belt for running and an Icon 2.0 for belt carry. Because apparently I still have too much money and not enough holsters.

User Tag List