Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Harry’s Holsters “Icon” Thread

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I concede!!!! I am still trying to recover from my most recent shoulder injury, that I am pretty sure I sustained doing a spreadsheet!!!
    Still pumped from using the mouse!

Seriously, my "shooter's elbow" does seem worse on days when I do a lot of mousing.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I got sick of the poor concealment of my 642 in the Icon, so I attached a small wedge to the Icon. The grip, which used to wing out about an inch from my torso, is nice and snug now. A big improvement.

I also took advantage of the JMCK Independence Day discount and ordered a J frame holster from Tony. I have high hopes for that one.

@blues @Mark D

Y’all should post some pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Harry ships orders and sends out emails before you get out of bed on a Saturday morning. That's service!
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

"The Harry's works as a gym shorts AIWB rig, but it prints like crazy for me. My 642 with boot grips actually prints much worse than a G19 in a JMCK Wingclaw 2.0. It's worse than a G19 in a DSG Orion. For some reason the Harry's causes the butt of the 642 to stick out about 15 degrees from my torso.

The Harry's is a very well made holster, and service was good. But I can't wear it if discretion is required."
    Just as a small counterpoint to Mark D's experience, here's mine without a supplemental wedge and placed in my own gym shorts which do not have the drawstring tightened. There's very little elastic tension holding the holster in place on these Champion shorts so you would normally see the gun rolling outward.

Name:  harry1.jpg
Views: 898
Size:  81.9 KB

Name:  harry3.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  73.1 KB

Name:  harry4.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  31.4 KB

Name:  harry5.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  32.5 KB

Name:  harry6.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  34.2 KB

(I noticed the surface rust on the grip screw in the second image and just swabbed it off with some mineral oil.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

How that angle on the draw?
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Doesn't seem to create any issue for me. In fact, the little bit of cant actually affords slightly more space between the grip and belt line without making the wrist bend awkwardly.

Because the clip is sized for 1.75", it still allows a small amount of rotation on a 1.5" belt. The cant helps keep it from rotating toward the hip more than one might otherwise desire...and it seems to hide a bit better (on me) than the vertical position it is shipped in, though either would suffice.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I rotated the clip on mine as well, with similar good results. I find the draw maybe a fraction of a second slower, but worth it to me for the increased concealment.

Without wedge:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

With wedge. Much better concealment for me. Photos dont really tell the whole story, but without the wedge the boot grip is just flapping in the wind. I seem to be in the minority in this regard. I'd still prefer a wing claw arrangement and a slightly longer overall length. .
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Mark D; 07-06-2019 at 11:47 PM.

User Tag List