Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry’s Holsters “Icon” Thread

Harrison told me he test fit my second shell with his 360 before shipping.
    Last edited by Hizzie; 07-02-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Harrison told me he test fit the second shell with his 360 before shipping.
    Are we talking about mine? Order #2424?

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I noticed some comments recently about the Icon HERE by @Mark D. He can chime in and expound on those comments if he wants, but his experience and thoughts in that post mirror my own.

I really like the Icon for comfort, quality, and value, but it doesn't conceal well for me. I've since added some velcro and a foam wedge to the back, which helps, but I still can't conceal my 638 with LG-405 grips in a t-shirt and shorts.

I need something that tucks like a claw, so I've been brainstorming on ways to do it, but I haven't come up with a longterm and durable solution yet.
    My comments on the other thread were:

"The Harry's works as a gym shorts AIWB rig, but it prints like crazy for me. My 642 with boot grips actually prints much worse than a G19 in a JMCK Wingclaw 2.0. It's worse than a G19 in a DSG Orion. For some reason the Harry's causes the butt of the 642 to stick out about 15 degrees from my torso.

The Harry's is a very well made holster, and service was good. But I can't wear it if discretion is required."

I'll add that the Icon fits my 642 very well, but is a poor fit for my 60-9 in .357. I don't know if it's because the 60-9 has a slightly longer barrel (2.125?) or the cylinder dimensions are slightly different. Whatever the reason, the Model 60 doesn't "click" into the holster. I can shove it in, but it doesn't seem to mate well with the kydex.

In a perfect world, I'd prefer a DSG Orion or JMCK Wingclaw that fits a J frame. I really like the butt tuck the claw provides. I'd also get it in a 3" length to prevent roll out.
    Last edited by Mark D; 07-01-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Are we talking about mine? Order #2424?
    Mine. I needed a mulligan too. The 43c was a No Go on the first shell.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Mine. I needed a mulligan too. The 43c was a No Go on the first shell.
    I wonder if the aluminum and scandium are the same (larger) size?...

I will fiddle with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    In a perfect world, I'd prefer a DSG Orion or JMCK Wingclaw that fits a J frame. I really like the butt tuck the claw provides. I'd also get it in a 3" length to prevent roll out.

http://instagram.com/p/Bm4gObsHjgM/
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

^^^^^ Mashing the like button. One of my favorite holsters. Don't see them listed under either Claw 2.0 or 2.5, but they're probably working on it.

ETA: You just found my K frame answer too. Thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by StraitR; 07-01-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    ^^^^^ Mashing the like button. One of my favorite holsters. Don't see them listed under either Claw 2.0 or 2.5, but they're probably working on it.

ETA: You just found my K frame answer too. Thanks for the heads up.
    He makes a great L frame holster as well, though mine is fashioned after the AIWB without a claw.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Well damn, that's terrific. Will order one asap. Thanks.

Got the "Icon" today for my S&W 642. Fit is more than acceptable, as is retention. I decided to move the clip to the canted position and it seems to tuck the grip into my torso just a bit better than the straight up and down fitment it is shipped with.

Very nice minimalist holster. Doesn't seem to require a wedge and is very comfortable as it barely reaches the inguinal crease when seated.

Can't see the J's grip (with OEM rubber Hogue) under a t-shirt. The narrower clip allows me to get the holster slightly further over toward the hip than with the DSG, (my go-to), and that seems to make a difference with these Duluth pants / shorts and their belt loop position, thicker material and rise compared to my 5.11 gear.

The 5.11 pants and shorts are noticeably easier for me to carry AIWB without telltale signs. This Icon holster is a big help with the DTC clothing in that regard. That alone makes the purchase worthwhile.

Recommended.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List