Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discreet Concepts MOD V 1.75" Clip

Quote Originally Posted by 4gallonbucket View Post
    Forgive me if you’ve covered this before, but it looks like all of your DCC clips are 1.75”. Is there a reason for this? Do they work adequately on 1.5”belts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm curious about this too

Quote Originally Posted by 4gallonbucket View Post
    Forgive me if you’ve covered this before, but it looks like all of your DCC clips are 1.75”. Is there a reason for this? Do they work adequately on 1.5”belts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One thing I have found through development of various aiwb things is that movement is good, I like to have movement of the holster absent of the belt because of the level comfort it provides. There is a limit to the movement and I have found that having .25" space is enough to provide that needed movement.

As such, I found that having a longer than the belt size (in this case the Megingjord AIWB belt) clip to be the best type combination of length. There is also the requirement for enough room in order to pinch the sides of the mod v clip in order to lift it. I do the same for the standard clips with wings anyway.

If you were to use a 1.75" belt (which is an odd size belt) you'd need a larger clip as it wouldn't be able to attach directly anyway. But I've tested this concept on several different sizes before and it always seems to work best for comfort and concealment this way.

There are also other combatives considerations for having movement that I won't get into in detail here.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

There's a new version of the MOD 4 clips that came out recently. The "Short Wing" DCC universal/slotted clip which has extra clamping force. These are pretty decent when working in pairs and serve a slightly different purpose than the MOD V clips (which will be coming back eventually).

https://vdevgru.com/products/mod-4-universals

VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I confess I don't know what part of the clip the "wing" is. Can you clarify what "short wing" means?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    There's a new version of the MOD 4 clips that came out recently. The "Short Wing" DCC universal/slotted clip which has extra clamping force. These are pretty decent when working in pairs and serve a slightly different purpose than the MOD V clips (which will be coming back eventually).

Believe it’s referring to the little tab on the end that you hook your finger on to lift up.

Jason

Yes the wing is the metal tab you would pull to remove retention to holster or unholster.

The short wing design is pretty good for holsters as it allows for ease of application and these actually get lose in the pants/shorts pretty easily.
    VDMSR.com

These are great, thanks for bringing them out.

User Tag List