Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2020

Do I stay home and watch the Stars in the Winter Classic or go to the range on the last day of my vacation?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Do I stay home and watch the Stars in the Winter Classic or go to the range on the last day of my vacation?
    There's a reason for the expression: "He shoots, he scores!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    There's a reason for the expression: "He shoots, he scores!"
    True. If I leave shortly I can get there, do my thing and listen to the first period on the way home...

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Ok, school me to be a hockey fan.
    Not sure where you are, but I'd start by picking the closest team geographically and try to catch the games when they're on. If there's not a market close enough to you to do that, NBC or NBCSN shows national games on a regular basis with a "rivalry" game on Wednesdays. I've heard a lot of people living far away from Atlanta or Chicago that became Braves/Cubs fans just because those were the games they could watch all the time on TBS or WGN when they were national cable channels.

I got sucked in when the Stars moved to Dallas. I was sick of hearing about the Cowboys every time one of them farted, the Rangers sucked and so did the Mavericks. I knew nothing about hockey but started watching the games and picked it up as I went along. I'm still not near as knowledgeable as a hockey lifer that grew up with it but I still enjoy watching the games.
    Last edited by awp_101; 01-01-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    @UNM1136 If you play video games, you’ll pick up the rules pretty quick if you get one of EA’s NHL games. You can get NHL 19 for significantly less than NHL 20, you just wont have current rosters.

That was a good game. Allen was making some great stops too.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Go Preds!!!

In a surprise move, the NY Rangers decide to leave the NHL and take up curling but find they're equally inept in that arena...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    Go bye bye Preds!!!
    FIFY and hopefully it won't come back to haunt me come playoff time.

I wound up having to listen to it. My departure for the range was delayed then after barely an hour I had to leave for an (almost) family emergency. Wound up missing the first period while at the range and second period unloading the truck and filling my wife in on what I knew. I caught the first intermission show when I was in the truck and the second intermission at the house so I had an idea of what was going on. Finally got to hear the first 10 minutes of the third and kept up with the last few minutes through my phone at the destination.

Hockey 2020

FIFY and hopefully it won't come back to haunt me come playoff time.

I wound up having to listen to it. My departure for the range was delayed then after barely an hour I had to leave for an (almost) family emergency. Wound up missing the first period while at the range and second period unloading the truck and filling my wife in on what I knew. I caught the first intermission show when I was in the truck and the second intermission at the house so I had an idea of what was going on. Finally got to hear the first 10 minutes of the third and kept up with the last few minutes through my phone at the destination.
    I was lucky enough to be at the game (with the other 85,000+ other people). The Predators had a pretty decent crowd presence, but the Stars fans definitely got crazy after the shock of the first few minutes wore off.

The experience was really cool. Never thought I’d get to watch an outdoor hockey game in Texas. Some of the other acts like the pig races were a little cheesy, but they have to make everybody think Texas is just a bunch of cowboys I guess.

Last edited by dontshakepandas; 01-01-2020 at 10:52 PM.

User Tag List