Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey 2020

Hockey 2020

Is it to early to start this? Anyway I can’t resist since Phil Kessel was traded to the Coyotes for Galchenyuk, a minor leaguer, and a trade pick. He and Tocchet are tight from when he was an Asst Coach for the Penguins. It looks like a good trade. Galchenyuk never lived up to his potential here.

Anyone else excited by draft picks or trades?
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Ok, school me to be a hockey fan. Several influential members of my department are hockey fanatics, and a couple of same rank and less seniority than me have the Chief"s ear. Not one to suck up, but being able to sound reasonably fluent in hockeyspeak can only help.

I was there and have the inaugural puck from the NM Scorpions from the mid 90s. Make it mean something to me....

Don't make me unlike all the likes I have given your posts...

pat

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Is it to early to start this? Anyway I can’t resist since Phil Kessel was traded to the Coyotes for Galchenyuk, a minor leaguer, and a trade pick. He and Tocchet are tight from when he was an Asst Coach for the Penguins. It looks like a good trade. Galchenyuk never lived up to his potential here.

Anyone else excited by draft picks or trades?
    Kessel is one of those enigmas. When he's on, he's terrific. When he's not, you wonder where he went. He certainly showed Toronto he still had chops when he went to Pittsburgh. Hopefully he'll be motivated to play well for your Coyotes. If he does, you'll be well pleased.

Rangers did well in the draft with Kaapo Kakko and obtaining Jacob Trouba from Winnipeg. Since the hated Devils got the first pick, and the Rangers the 2nd, NJ countered the Trouba deal with Subban (another guy I can't stand).

Should make for an interesting rivalry this year.
    Last edited by blues; 06-30-2019 at 07:42 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    If anyone was wondering, the new Adidas jerseys fit waaay smaller than the Reeboks. I bought a Blues jersey with the Cup patch and had to return it. Sad face.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Ok, school me to be a hockey fan. Several influential members of my department are hockey fanatics, and a couple of same rank and less seniority than me have the Chief"s ear. Not one to suck up, but being able to sound reasonably fluent in hockeyspeak can only help.

I was there and have the inaugural puck from the NM Scorpions from the mid 90s. Make it mean something to me....

Don't make me unlike all the likes I have given your posts...

pat
    I can only tell you my story. Phoenix had a minor league team while I was growing up but I never watched them. The Coyotes came to town and I started watching them on TV off and on but Hockey doesn’t translate well to TV. The speed of the game is lost.

My transformation began after going to the Arena and watching it live. A lightbulb went off. The speed of the players on the ice, the noise of the game, the smell of the ice when you walk in the building. I went to the Coyotes Fan Days and met the players. They are generally down to earth friendly people. I. Sure there are jerks but every player I’ve met has been a positive encounter.

I ice skated growing up but never played the game. Now there are a lot of rinks in the Phoenix Metro area but back then there wasn’t. I worked with a guy who wanted to start playing and we knew a guy who knew an instructor at a local rink who did a weekly adult hockey class. $10 for 2-3 hours on the ice. I ended up playing in leagues for three years. It was a blast playing and one of the best workouts I’ve had.

When the Coyotes played in downtown Phoenix I was going to 5-10 games a year. I got to watch some play off Hockey wearing all white. It’s been a long time since there’s been a white out.

I’d get a book like this that’ll explain the game if you’re not familiar with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Take-Your-Eye...s%2C215&sr=8-2

Good Luck in becoming a fanatic. It’s the best game and it’s really the only pro sport I follow.

PANARIN!!!

Let's go Rangers!!!

There is a lot of movement today. My phone had a lot of NHL notifications.

There is a lot of movement today. My phone had a lot of NHL notifications.
    We got rid of Vesey to Buffalo. He just never caught fire with the Blueshirts.

Coyotes 3 Rangers 2 in OT. Sorry Blues sort of

Coyotes 3 Rangers 2 in OT. Sorry Blues sort of
    The way the Rangers played in the first period it's fortunate that they came away with a point. They need a lot of work.

I knew when they didn't touch the puck in the OT period that the first shot was going to determine the outcome and I was right.

User Tag List